cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error reading job log - transaction sm37

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After executing some sistem reogranization jobs (another username has executed them):

SAP_REORG_ABAPDUMPS

SAP_REORG_JOBS

SAP_COLLECTOR_FOR_PERFMONITOR

SAP_APPLICATION_STAT_COLLECTOR

I am not able to display their logs eg. I get the message like this in the system log:

SM37 EIB BP_JOBLOG_SHOW: Failed to display jobs. Reason:

SM37 EID > Error reading job log

Does anybody know why it happenes and waht is the reason of this?

How to solve this problem?

(Note number 90186 doesn't tell me much of information about such a problem).

Verson of SAP_BASIS is 620 to 630 and the highest support package implemnetd is SAPKB62063.

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Marina Rubes

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it only for those jobs you can't read the logs ?

Anyway, check the permissions on the DIR_GLOBAL directory(usually /usr/sap/<SID>/SYS/global), make sure <SID>adm has read permissions for that directory.

--

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Nelis and Thank you.

I will check permissions on the Operating system level with my colleagues for the DIR_GLOBAL directory and also space on the disk.

Best regards,

Marina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP_REORG_JOBS ==> this job will have a variant. what are the parameters in the variant..

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mark!

Yes Job SAP_REORG_JOBS executes report RSBTCDEL and has its variant and it is called SAP&001.

This variant SAP&001 has the following parameters:

Job name=*

Username=*

Older then (days)=10

Status scheduled= (finished, canceled)

These jobs was running also long time ago with such a variant and we didn't such a problems and nothig has changed recently in thier definitions.

I would be really gratefull if anybody can help me to solve this problem or just give me a hint or idea what to look or check out on the system in order to solve this problem.

Best regards,

Marina Rubes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Joblogs are stored on a filesystem not in the SAP database.

The problem will probably be there.

Possible reasons are :

1/

The filesystem used to store the joblogs is full.

2/

You are running multiple application servers on different host and the global filesystem containing the joblogs is not mounted on every host.

3/

The SAP system is refreshed or moved to another host and the global filesystem containing the joblogs was not copied.

4/

Someone deleted the joblogs in the filesystem ! ! !

Filesystem (directory) on UNIX where you will find the joblogs is :

/sapmnt/<SYSID>/global/xxxJOBLG

Replace <SYSID> with your system ID and xxx by the client.

On the global fileystem there is a directory per client containing the joblogs.

Wim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Wim.

Best regards,

Marina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am also experiencing the same thing. I already did the checks indicated above. My filesystem directory permissions/ownership looks good. The mount points of application and DB server are correct. It is weird because whenever I check FINISHED jobs I get to see its job logs. However, if I check CANCELLED jobs we are getting "error in reading job log". I checked the log directory in Unix and they are updated (having the up to date timestamp). Appreciate your suggestions!