cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to get a SAP web service without authentication

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all, I´ve created a web service (provider) in SE80 with the wizard and set to no authentication...but each time I put the url of the WSDL of this web service in the explorer I get a popup to loggin....The same when from Java we try to create the client....they are asked for user-password....

how I need to set the web service in the SICF to get no authentication if I´ve set no authentication profile in SE80 for this web service???

Do I need to do anything in SOAMANAGER too???

What I´m missing???

The system where I´m working is an ECC6.0

Thanks in advance...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member416399
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I was looking for a solution where the consumer of the web service does not have to enter any "userid" /"password" to access the SAP web service.

I achieved it using SOAMANAGER as follows:

1) Search for the web service

2) Edit the configuration

To disable all authentication and provide a service user (must be a Valid sap user)

3)Save the changes

===================

A prerequisite to the above is that , the security must be removed from ABAP workbench

Follow the following steps:

1) Go to SE80 --> EDit 0bject --> ENterprise services || Type your web service definition name, click edit

2) Go to configuration and set authentication to "none"

rosenberg_eitan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Works like a charm....

I know that this is old thread but its good......

I sugest some one mark this as correct answer and close it .

Regards .

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Thanks Eitan for the notice, I set it as Correct answer. The solution is also documented in SAP Note 1700251.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sourabh,

I am still not able to authenticate automatically even after maintaining the Logon Data Management.

Thanks

Sanyam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please help on below thread:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tcode WSCONFIG ->Release Service for Runtime

Hit ICF Details -> Maintain Service

Dbl Click on End of Root on Webservice ->create/change service

Select "Logon Data" Tab -Change mode

Select Procedure -Standard

Enter Credentials and Save

Regards,

Dsilva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for the replies guys...but I´ve already put user&password in ISCF without success...

I put user&password in SOAMANAGER too but again I´ve been requested for a user//pass when trying to test the service from SOAMANAGER...

In SE80 the Web Service definiition is set up to "no authentication" but always when I put the URL of the WSDL in the explorer or when I try to test from SOAMANAGER the service,I´ve been asked for a user//pass...

Any help would be much appreciated....

Again, I want to say we are working on a ECC6.0

Thanks in advance for you help....

ahh one more thing...I´ve tried with a Service User and with Dialog user without success...but the idea is user must be "service user" no????

Edited by: MIGUEL MARTIN on Oct 22, 2009 10:37 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

>but the idea is user must be "service user" no????

Service user not required.

>In SE80 the Web Service definiition is set up to "no authentication" but always when I put the URL of the WSDL in the explorer or when I try to test from SOAMANAGER the service,I´ve been asked for a user//pass...

It will always ask for user/password, there is no option but to create another composite service outside SAP which you can access SAP service with user/password but available for enduser as anonyms service.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks gourav, but then, in ECC6.0 you can set a web service to be used without authentication but you can´t set the web service to allow to see its WSDL without authentication???

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

user/password is required for accessing wsdl and service endpoint both. but it will ask only once during one session so if it is asking everytime in one session then it means your logon session is not maintained. In such case enable single sign-on (ask basis team).

Example is from SOAMANAGER if you are trying to access wsdl it won't ask user/password if single singon is enabled as session is maintained but if that is not the case then first use "fully qualified domain name" and enable single sing-on.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot mate, much appreciated answers....

Kind Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Alternately, you can setup a default user for authentication. In SICF, display your web service and drill down into logon data tab. Here, you can setup default credentials.

Thanks,

Venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If wsdl point to SAP system it will always ask for user/password (except when authentication mode is certificate/logon tickets), direct bypassing not possible but you can create wrapper/composite service in CAF which wont ask for authorization from end-user but internally it will supply user/password information to sap while accessing sap service.

Regards,

Gourav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Gurav, but What is CAF??? Sorry, I don´t understand...

Former Member
0 Kudos

CAF is composite application framework, a java based environment, it is part of CE and development is done in Java.

Eclips based NW developer studio is used as IDE for development.

Regards,

Gourav