cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy lines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we copy lines in IP through a fox formula?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please clarify,what do you mean by lines.What kind of records you want to copy with respect to characteristics.

Regards,

Indu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

As per my understanding with your scenario you want to copy the data from CC1 and AC1 to CC2 and AC2.

Scenario2 --

Record 1 -- CC1 Acc1 KF1

Record 2 -- CC2 Acc2 KF1

Check out with following conditions:-

1) You have to select both CC and ACC both in a fields to be changed.

2) Secondly how u r From field for both the characters is getting populated :- means hard code value/ variable.

3)The From values are read as reference data and do not need to be part of the filter that is transferred to the planning function.

The To values are changed; they have to be included in the transferred filter, if using variable restrict with the variable in the filter.

4)From value characteristic should not have any blank value.If it is blank copy will not work.

5)Combinations are generated on the To side for the specified characteristic restrictions has to be consistent with the master data and the characteristic relationships defined for the InfoProviders.

Can also refer to the thread:-

Regards,

Indu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramya,

If you mean that you want to copy records individually, then yes it is possible. But why do you want to use Fox when you have your standard copy function for this purpose.

Is my understanding correct?

Regards,

T-Bird.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As an example:

Scenario1 - Works with Standard Copy function

Record 1 -- CC1 Acc1 KF1

Record 2 -- CC1 Acc2 KF1

Scenario2 -- Does not work with copy function

Record 1 -- CC1 Acc1 KF1

Record 2 -- CC2 Acc2 KF1

When I use the standard copy function, with char CC and use variables, it works fine.

But I when I use CC and Acc variable(From change & To Change), it doesnt do the copy function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

Oh I am sorry. You want to define separate conditions for copy for each record is it?

Yeah this is possible through Fox by looping through the reference data. But in scenario 2 can you please elaborate more as to how you want to copy (i.e. what is the reference data and what will be the output etc?)

Regards,

T-Bird.