cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference in SAP Time Zone - Time in SAP System

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing a problem in the SAP system time zone settings.

In my ECC and BI systems the System Time Zone and the User Time Zone is maintained as INDIA. When I check the system status using System -> Status -> Usage Data, I find the below mentioned details.

Previous logon 10/26/2009 11:20:41

Logon 11:43:25

System time 12:48:13

Time zone INDIA 23:18:13

The problem is the time shown after the Time Zone INDIA - "23:18:13", where the time should be "12:48:13". The mentioned time in the field should be the same as the system time. At the OS level I find the date and time of the system to be correct. We are running on

1. date

Mon Oct 26 12:52:21 CDT 2009

I have tried re-setting the timezones to CET and restarting the machine, but still the TimeZone Time does not change.

Because of this I face issues in functional transactions where the after the 24th hour in a day, the date increments and users wrongly choose the entries in the From date field in many transactions.

Please share a solution for the same.

Thank you

Regards,

Vineeth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vineeth,

When you use System > Status in SAP, it lists the system time zone - which in your case would be 12:48 and be CDT. This appears to be correct and it matches your OS time. The time mentioned underneath "system time" is the time zone assigned to your SAP user ID in SU01. This should not be relevant to any data, but if you wish to change it you should be able to via SU01.

You said "The problem is the time shown after the Time Zone INDIA - "23:18:13", where the time should be "12:48:13" "

Most likely "India time" is specified in your SU01 profile. This is normal to have a local time for this; and its probably not related to your issue. The system time is what is important.

Hope this helps,

Ian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ian,

Thank you very much for the reply.

The user time zone and the system time zone is maintained as INDIA using STZAC transaction. Also Personal Time Zone of the users are maintained with the INDIA as the time zone in SU01 transaction.

The change in time effects users when choosing certain from dates in functional transactions.

Thank you

Regards,

Vineeth

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check SAP Note 741734 - Incorrect times due to the time zone settings

Thanks

Sunny