cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Delivery date passed - MRP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

PO delivery date has been passed(MD06), there is no entry in planning file (MD21), so How MRP controller would come to know that X materials' delivery date has been passed.

Whereas if we change the delivery date (PO)then system would mark the entry in MD21 and system would run the MRP and add new exception message.

So question is at the first place - How system would alert incase of no shown of material on 'delivery date'.

please suggest.

Kind regards,

JPS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CLOSED BECAUSE I CANNOT POST MORE QUESTIONS

Former Member
0 Kudos

JPS,

If you want to ensure that all possible messages appear in MD06, you should run Regenerative MRP. If you can't run regen every night, you might want to run it periodically. A common schedule is to run Net change nightly, and run Regen on the weekend.

As mentioned by another expert, overdue orders are handled separately from planning exceptions in many companies. There are several Purchase or Production order reports that will manage this task, without having to run MRP.

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

If you can suggest me few of the important reports for overdue Purchase orders, so that I test and explore new posssibilities.

2ndly I did give a try for regenerative MRP 2-3 weeks back but as it did not select any material. My understanding is that if it is used for initial MRP run and if system miss any material for MRP run.

3rdly I am planning to test new MRP run with making a config change IMG-MRP-Evaluation-Exeception messages-Define and Group Exception messages--> select, T4 and 07 and set the check box 'No exception messages'

May be it give any new insight, what do you say...

regards,

JPS

Former Member
0 Kudos

JPS,

Just about any purchase order report can be selected on delivery date. So, ME2W, ME2M, ME2C, ME2L, ME2N, under 'Delivery Date', enter a beginning date of "a long time ago" and an ending date of "yesterday"

Standard Production order reports are COOIS or CO26. Again, for Basic Finish Date, enter the same parameters as above.

2ndly I did give a try for regenerative MRP 2-3 weeks back but as it did not select any material. My understanding is that if it is used for initial MRP run and if system miss any material for MRP run.

Your understanding is partially correct. Regenerative planning can be used for the reasons that you have stated. However, those are not the ONLY reasons. Regen ignores the planning file and plans ALL materials. This can be useful if no events have triggered a planning file change, yet you still wish to see all exceptions re-evaluated. Which I believe was the original question you had asked.

It is not clear to me why you believe that no materials were selected, if you ran MRP regeneratively. I guess it is possible that the program terminated...You can know this by checking the MRP log. Try these settings in MD01: Yourplant, NEUPL, 1,3,1,3,2. For a large plant, you may need to run this in Background via MDBT.

3rdly I am planning to test new MRP run with making a config change IMG-MRP-Evaluation-Exception messages-Define and Group Exception messages--> select, T4 and 07 and set the check box 'No exception messages'

I thought your problem was that you WANTED to see the exception messages for past due orders. Why are you changing config to prevent these messages from being created?

Rgds,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

DB49,

Sorry for delay in respond,

Yes regenrative is running fine and I am not changing the config, actually I was miss lead the whole issue.

Many thanks for your help.

But still exploring more how system react to 'delivery date in past' issue, within MRP limits..

thanks mate.

regards,

JPS

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bhatti,

MRP exception messages relate to planning, meaning that they cover what is written in the order that we issue.

For tracking and monitoring the delivery process against this order there are some tools, like reports, etc.. Normally this is not the business of planning, but rather the buyer who is in charge of the execution of external procurement, since in most cases it involves some kind of communication with the supplier.

You can also check the entire list of MRP exception messages (SPRO) to see that there's no message like "order is overdue".

Regards,

Mario