I would like to create a report on which the first part will show project summary page. The second part will have all project detail pages and third part with all project financial informations.
The report should work in such a way whenever user clicks on any project at first summary page this has to jump to corresponding detail page of projects.
I have the following question regarding design of this report.
1. Do I need to create a saparate report as a sub report and then merge with main report in a footer section? Or is it ok to create sub-report within main report through sub-report wizard option?
2. How can I establish hyperlink between the pages i.e. summary to detail pages?
3. back hyperlink to first pages.
I am expecting more information about hyperlink options within Crystal report.
- For your first question: . Do I need to create a saparate report as a sub report and then merge with main report in a footer section? Or is it ok to create sub-report within main report through sub-report wizard option?
You can create a separate report and then insert it as a subreport in the main report or create it with sub report wizard.
Once you click on Insert -> Subreport, you can see there are two options, one is to point to an existing report and another is to create it through wizard.
- 2. How can I establish hyperlink between the pages i.e. summary to detail pages?
You can use the hyperlink between report objects. Also you can apply a customized formula for this.
Check the below SAP Notes:
[1. 1207011 - How to create an OpenDocument link in Crystal Reports XI/XIR2 |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes]
[2. 1212849 - How to pass a parameter value through a hyperlink from one report to another |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes_boj/sdn_oss_boj_erq/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/scn_bosap/notes.do]
For detailed information on Hyperlink Click on Crystal Reports Help Help -> Search for the keyword Hyperlink.
You can also refer to the Crystal Reports User guide for the respective version that you are using.
Hope this helps!!
Thanks for your reply. I have created a sub reports but will not able to create hyperlink between with main report.
The first link in your comment is not available and the second is seems tough. I want to try but not able to get exact url for my subreport. I am using BO's Central Managemnet Consolel and it never uses straight forward URL. It uses something like below:
I have also tried the "another report object" hyperlink option under hyperlink tab of any control but this is not working as well.
Do you have any samples or any reference i can use to create hyperlink. I just want to know right now, how to jump one page to another through hyperlink if report has main and subrepot combination?
Please let me know if you need further details