cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Values from Search help not returned to UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a field on Web UI, i have to open a popup which would be configured from a search help created in transaction SE11. The search help uses a Searchhelp Exit. On the UI, I am getting the popup but the value i select is not reflecting on the UI. The moment i select the value, the popup closes. The 'Get_XXX' method of the attribute also does not triggered. Following is the code which i am using to call the search help in the GET_V_XXX method of the attribute.

DATA:

ls_map TYPE if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>gtype_param_mapping,

lt_inmap TYPE if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>gtype_param_mapping_tab,

lt_outmap TYPE if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>gtype_param_mapping_tab.

ls_map-context_attr = 'STRUCT.ZZSTORAGE_LOC'.

ls_map-f4_attr = 'STORAGE_LOC'.

APPEND ls_map TO: lt_inmap, lt_outmap.

CREATE OBJECT rv_valuehelp_descriptor

TYPE

cl_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr

EXPORTING

iv_help_id = 'ZOFI_SHLP_STORAGE_LOC2'

iv_help_id_kind = if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>help_id_kind_comp

iv_input_mapping = lt_inmap

iv_output_mapping = lt_outmap.

I have tried various approaches suggested in the forum, but none could solve the issue. Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Radhika

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

I am also having a similar problem in UI.After the values pop up screen is coming ,when i am selecting the value the pop up screen is closing and value is not saved.I also wrote the search help code in get_v_xxx method. If u got the the solution can u please post the solution .

Thanks & Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My problem was that the second field which was associated with the first field(having the popup) was not getting saved. With your issue, you check whether you have specified the correct name of the field in ls_map. Mostly the problem comes up if the name of the field(of the context node) or the field(of the search help) is not specified correctly. Please check on that part. My problem was found here only.

Thanks,

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Radhika,

Did you get the solution for this issue.

Please reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had one more doubt. Can we populate two fields using a search help for one field. Precisely, Field_1 has F4 help. Depending upon the value selected by user for Field_1, the value of Field_2 should be auto populated. Is it feasible in CRM, because, once i read that Searchhelp should have only 1 export parameter, but here, it would require 2 export parameters. Please guide.

Thanks and Regards,

Radhika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest, Instead of using Search help, you can create a outbound plug and call it in the GET_V method of one attribute.

write the logic in the outbound plug to get the F4 values in popup and call a closing event for popup in the outbound plug. in this event you can set the values of multiple attributes depending upon the value selected for first attribute.

Regards,

S Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The client wants to use the search help method only. i am using the following code to call the serach help.

DATA:

ls_map TYPE if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>gtype_param_mapping,

lt_inmap TYPE if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>gtype_param_mapping_tab,

lt_outmap TYPE if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>gtype_param_mapping_tab.

CLEAR ls_map.

ls_map-context_attr = 'EXT.ZZSTORAGE_LOC'.

CONDENSE ls_map-context_attr no-GAPS.

ls_map-f4_attr = 'STORAGE_LOC'.

CLEAR ls_map.

ls_map-context_attr = 'EXT.ZZPLANT'.

CONDENSE ls_map-context_attr no-GAPS.

ls_map-f4_attr = 'PLANT'.

CREATE OBJECT rv_valuehelp_descriptor

TYPE

cl_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr

EXPORTING

iv_help_id = 'ZOFI_SHLP_STORAGE_LOC2'

iv_help_id_kind = if_bsp_wd_valuehelp_f4descr=>help_id_kind_comp

iv_input_mapping = lt_inmap

iv_output_mapping = lt_outmap.

this code is written in the GET_V of the field ZZSTORAGE_LOC.The ZZ Storage_Loc field is getting saved but the field ZZPLANT does not. Please provide your inputs.

Thanks,

Radhika