cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS user defined fields can not be shown in the WBS report (cn43n)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all

please help me on the following issue.

i am working on a implementation project with SAP best pracitce.

our basis said the system we are using is ECC6.0+EPH3 (best practise package)

i defined the WBS user fieilds. these fieds are shown correctly when i use project buider.

but when i use CN43N to see the report, these fields are shown as they are never defined, for example, user field 1,2,....

in ECC 6.0, i never see this problem before, can someone share your experience and give me some help or suggestions.

thanks a lot. the report and fields are quite important.

Judy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I seen note

it says

In Transaction CN43N, you display a list of WBS elements. Via the change of the layout you want user-defined fields to be shown. During the field selection, the system only displays the technical names of the fields. If you select fields, the column headers also contain only technical names. The system does not display the names defined in the profile for user fields.

The user-defined names are only used if only one single profile is defined in the system.

This behavior is corrected through the note. However, bear in mind that the specifications of the profile are used only if all selected WBS elements have the same profile configuration. If that is not the case, the system continues to only display the technical names.

I created two different profiles for 2 different WBS

But still i can view them in report

shashank

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear, I also checked it, i assigned two different field keys to two WBSE of same project, I didnt see either of the field description in report, but only the technical names, as described in the note. But if I assign same key to both the WBSE I am getting the field description in the report.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you for your replies and SAP notes.

firstly, let me explain how i config.

OPS1, i define the field key. then, OPSA, i assign the field key to the project profile (the first tab).

i think when i create the project with this profile, the field key will be used.

when i open the project in the project builder, i can see the user-defined key for each WBS is correct and same as i define in OPSA, but when i see the cn43n WBS report, i only see the techinical name, such as user-field 1,2,3,

i don't know what you are talking about assign different field key to different WBS how can that happen?

i just know assign field key to the project profile.

thanks a lot.

judy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member201206
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Judy,

Do you check the layout? Actually the involved fields should available, and the user can move them into visislbe fields. Then the fields should showed in the report.

Kind regards,

Zhenbo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

As you said the "user fields are shown as they are never defined", I hope you can able to see the user fields and your discussing about the user field names.

I hope the user field name will be displayed as field 1, 2 ..so on as default with inrespective of user profile used for the particular WBS element.

Regards,

Punith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

As you said the "user fields are shown as they are never defined", I hope you can able to see the user fields and you are discussing about the user field names.

I hope the user field name will be displayed as field 1, 2 ..so on as default with inrespective of user profile used for the particular WBS element.

Regards,

Punith.

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks for all your reply.

i know how to change and save the layout.

my question is i have defined the WBS user-defined field and assign it to the project profile.

for example, i rename the "user field 1" as "prjoect status".

i open the project in cj20n and i can see the field "project staus", and i fill it with "delayed".

and then i use cn43n to see the WBS report. but i can not see the name "project status", instead i see the "user field 1".

in fact, in ECC 6.0, the report should show the data with the column name "prjoect status" if the user field is defined.

i am not sure if it is relevant to the best practise package.

could you share your idea?

thanks

judy

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member203108
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just check this note 726437 CN43N: Display of user-defined fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Judy,

After executing CN43N for the relevant project click on the icon "Select Layout" and select "Change Layout". Here you can choose the User fields you want to display in the report. You can even save the layout without having to select these user fields every time you execute the repot.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Gokul

Edited by: Gokul on Oct 28, 2009 2:54 PM