Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to move the Query from one client (DEV) to another client (QAS or PRD)

ramesh_b10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All

I have developed a query in PRD which is very useful to me.

Now I wanted to make available to all Users with a T code. For that I wanted to do the same query in DEV and move it to PRD with a T code.

What is the process for this?

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Go to Tcode SQ02. Go to Environment --> Query Areas --> Standard Area.

Click the Transport (Ctrl+F3) button.

In transport Action Selection --> Select Download.

In Transport Option Selection --> Select the required option as per you requirement.

Execute the report and save it in your desktop.

In the other system,

Go to Tcode SQ02. Go to Environment --> Query Areas --> Standard Area.

Click the Transport (Ctrl+F3) button.

In transport Action Selection --> Select Upload.

Select Overwriting allowed if the queries with the same name are to be overwritten.

In Transport Option Selection --> Select the required option as per you requirement.

Execute the report with the file saved in your desktop

Thanks,

Harini

Edited by: Harini Gopinath on Oct 28, 2009 5:48 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not need to move this to dev just to create a tcode for query. Just run that query in production system

goto system from the menu and select status. here you will get the program name.

Now goto development system create one tcode with se93 and give the same program name from production. transport this to production and you are done

NOTE: if you download query from production and upload into development its program name will not be same. So, you always have to create tcode with program name of production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

follow harinis process..

but i have one question.. if you have created the query in PRD.. then why dont you create the abap source for that and create a tcode for that.. give authorization for that tcode to the users..

0 Kudos

Hi

I have created my Query with SQVI. I was told, it is not possible to move this source code from one client to another.

As I understood, the procedure will be:

- To create an User group with Users assigned to it (in SQ03)

- To create an Info set with relevant tables (in SQ02)

- To assign the infoset to User group (in SQ03)

Now, in SQ01, query is to be created, using the info set assigned to my User ID with creation authorization

Now to as per the procedure described by Harini; I have to move it to PRD with downloading in to a file and uploading the same to another client where I wanted to Use it.

Is this right?

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi Bramesh,

You are correct.

When you are downloading the file, download the query, infoset and the usergroup together.

Thanks,

HArini

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Don't transport the query to create a transaction, no need for that. Just create a transaction which call transaction [START_REPORT|http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?objID=c42&q=START_REPORT+AQ] and put parameters :

D_SREPOVARI-REPORTTYPE= AQ " Abap Query

D_SREPOVARI-REPORT= 'ZXXX' "Query User group

D_SREPOVARI-EXTDREPORT= 'ZXXX' "Query name

and transport this transaction.

Of course, if you need the query in development and quality system, transport it via tools mentionned above.

Regards,

Raymond