cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP B1 Licensing - all or nothing!?!?!?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just had an interesting conversation with our B1 Partner.

Our business has shrunk by 30% this year, we've been forced to lay off some staff, and others are now working part time to help us get through this difficult period. We currently have 13 Professional, and 8 CRM user licenses.

We have asked at the next maintenance renewal to drop the 8 CRM users as we no longer have those staff. We understand we will have to pay full price again if we want those licenses back in the future.

However, according to our B1 Partner, SAP will not allow us to "drop" any of the user licenses we have. We have to keep ALL of them and pay maintenance on all of them no matter what.

Can anyone confirm that it is indeed official SAP policy to force customers to keep and maintain all user licenses forever? Our B1 Partner was very understanding but have told us their hands are tied by SAP.

Regards,

Rajiv

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Rajiv

As per your mail I came to understand that if aclient having 20lic at present,if amc is completed after ayear,but now he need to pay only for 15lic he can but in future if he want to pay amc for 5bal should he need to pay full cost of license.

Regards

M Auditya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well... finally got an answer from SAP themselves. Read it and weep...

"As discussed on the telephone yesterday the formal position of SAP is that a reduction of the number of user licenses under maintenance is not allowed."

This is a complete joke...

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Too Bad!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajiv,

I don't believe SAP keep such policy. In my opinion, it is probably because your partner's interest. Keep trying to see what alternative you may get. It may reduce B1's marketing share if this is indeed SAP policy. Your issue is not uncommon. Ask your partner with formal answer in writing if nothing could be improved.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please in addition if you get no satisfaction contact your Channel Manager or Local Product Expert who will be able to advise you on the correct solution for your company.

Regards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, I emailed the UK channel manager at SAP over the weekend on the advice of my SAP partner.

I am now awaiting his written response, as I have a hard time believing SAP would really adopt such a policy officially at the SMB level, especially introducing it at a time when SMBs are being hit hardest!

Anyhow, will await to see what they write.

Thanks,

Rajiv