cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lp12 + lot size

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a need that when LP12 says to order a quantity of a part, we would like the requested quantity to be automatically adjusted to a lot size.

Example: Part A has a requested quantity of 11 pieces. We would like the number to round up to the next 10. Therefore the order should be 20.

This would only be needed on specific parts and the quantity of the lot size could vary between parts.

What is the best way to achieve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Darcy,

Using Rounding value field in MRP1 view in material master should achieve what you need.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the material I am testing,

Lot size is set to EX, Minimum lot size is 75 and rounding value is 75.

It still shows that I need 15.

rammohan_shenoy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Darcy,

You ran MRP for this material & planned order ( or pur req) qty is 15?

I can understand the total reqt can be 15. So when MRP runs for this material it would generate plan order of 75 to meet the reqt of 15.

Let me know what you see on the screen.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am releasing a planned work order. The LP12 is supposed to create a transfer requirement with the quantity to be moved from the warehouse to the PSA.

The work order quantity if for 15. I have the lot size and rounding quantity set for 20. What I need is for LP12 to display 20 instead of just the 15 for the requested quantity. There is 46 oh in the warehouse. (I brought the qties in the lot size and rounding down to 20 so it was less than the quantity on hand)

Edited by: Darcy Morse on Nov 3, 2009 10:02 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check if Lot size - FX with fixed lot size of 20 meets your need.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

It still says 15 using the FX with fixed lot size of 20

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

whereas Lotsize key is used for the supply elements (such as purchase or production order), the quantity in LP12 is the required "internal" quantity between warehouse and supply area for production.

So, I don´t see any relationships between them.

Unless you go for some development or define some "special" unit of measure for that items, manual update of the quantity is the only solution I see.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have decided to try doing a kanban system on the parts that they want the additional parts for.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184701
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please goto material master data MRP1 view and have a look at

the lot size data:

you can set minimum and maximum lot sizes and also Rounding value

make sure you've taken right Lot size from list