Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding transaction to SAP Menu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,

Greetings for all!!!

I have created a transaction ,,

and i have to add that transaction in the initial screen of SAP Easy Access

i.e.,

I have to add the transaction under

SAP Menu -> Logistics -> Sales & Distribution -> Billing ..

PLs. advise me how I can achieve this ??

PLs. do the needful.

Thanks & Regards

Jack

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

i think its not possible but you can add your transaction on first screen in favorites section.

just right click on favorites and click insert transaction there. hope it helps.

Sm1tje
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings back!!!

Try with transaction SE43: Area menu maintenance:

[area menu maintenance|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/00/783b377bfdcf61e10000009b38f936/content.htm]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micky,,

Thanks for the reply.

Could you please be clear on adding the transaction to SAP Menu Access. ??

Thanks & Regards,

Jack

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jack

It's very easy, the main menu is S000, so

- Run trx SE43N

- Insert menu S000

- Press change icon from menu

The system'll show you a pop where u can decide how to change the menu: the best thing is to choose Extend option.

If you choose it the system feels your modification as enhancement.

After choosing Extend a new popup will be shown you, here u can create the enhancement to be assigned to your modification.

After creating it, navigate to the point where u need to insert your transaction and do your modification

Max

0 Kudos

Very Good!

I have just one question. How do I identify the name of a level so I can change it directly?

(Translated by Google Translator)

Hi Micky,

Even after years, your answer is still usefull. Thank you for sharing your experience and your knowledge.

Have a nice day,

Pascal

0 Kudos

So true Pascal !! Even 6 year's and a pandemic later down the line. Tnx Micky .

Bart

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the Procedure for attaching Z-Tcodes in SAP Menu.

Procedure:

You can add additional menu transaction in the SAP main menu without affecting the original SAP default area menu S000.

For example, you have created a transaction code called ( z123 - ABC Own Report ) and you want to insert it under Logistics. The specific user will be able to access ABC Own Report by clicking Logistics -> ABC Own Report.

Steps :-

Goto Transaction SE43 - Area Menu

Click the copy button. Copy from S000 to ZXXX

After copying, click Change (area menu ZXXX)

Double click on Logistics and add in your transaction code in the AreaMenu.

Remembers to Activate it.

Next Goto Transaction SU01 - Maintain users

Type in the user name and click the Defaults button

Type in the area menu (ZXXX) in the Start Menu field.

Click Save

The user will be able to see the additional transaction on the next logon.

The CUA area menus are converted to tree navigation in Release 4.6A. The menu contents are automatically copied into a new data structure in Upgrade to Release 4.6A or higher. You can edit Area Menus with a new maintenance interface (Area Menu maintenance transaction: SE43 ).

Reporting Tree Integration - Only transactions could previously be put in Area Menus. From Release 4.6A you can also put all the types of reports which are in reporting trees, in Area Menus. The system automatically assigns a transaction code to call the report from the menu. If you have already put the report in another Area Menu, no new transaction code is generated; the unique transaction code already assigned is used.

You can create Area Menus from complete reporting trees with the migration transaction RTTREE_MIGRATION. The report transaction codes are generated automatically.

Reporting trees can only be displayed. They cannot be maintained. To modify the contents of reporting trees, you must convert them with the migration transaction. You can then modify the contents with the Area Menu maintenance.

Advantages of the new Area Menus

The new data structure has the following advantages:

• Delinking by reference technique

You can construct a menu from submenus which are maintained separately in different systems.

• Less restrictions

The new area menus have no nesting level limit like CUA menus. The allowed length of menu texts has increased to 75 characters.

Regards ,

Jasmine

0 Kudos

Hi

I don't remember from which release but I believe from release 46C, it's possible to enhance the standard menu, the new transaction to manage the menu is SE43N.

So I don't think it's really a good thing to create a Z-menu as copy of the standard one just only to insert a new transaction.

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks solved!!!