cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64 bit windows (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

costas_ioannou2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a little trouble and I hope someone can help. I have created an add-on that works fine on 32bit windows Server 2003. Our customer has upgraded to 64 bit Windows 2008. I read that in order for the add-ons to work you must compile them by setting the CPU option to x86. I did this but my problem seems to be with the installation. I use the B1DE to create my installation wizards, but while the add-on is installing I get the error:

Error: An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)

Am I supposed to do something extra with the B1DE?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Costas,

I'm only familiar with the most basic installer from the B1DE (called 'SAP B1 AddonInstaller .NET wizard'). This installer is created as a VB.NET windows app with a target CPU type of 'Any CPU'. To use it on a 64 bit machine, you need to go in to the project properties and set the CPU type to X86 (ie same as your add-on project) and rebuild the installer project. After doing this you need to recreate the ard file. You can do this by going to the AddOnRegDataGenFile folder which will have been created within the folder for your installer project and double-clicking the AddOnRegDataGenFile.bat file.

Kind Regards,

Owen

costas_ioannou2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for the replies. I am still getting the error. I'll explain my steps so maybe someone can find the mistake.

I debug and rebuild my program with x86 CPU

I run the "SAP B1 AddonInstaller .NET wizard" from the B1DE.

I then debug and rebuild it with x86 CPU

I go to the AddOnRegDataGenFile folder and double click the AddOnRegDataGenFile.bat file

Is this all correct?

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have just created a VM running on 64 bits and tested B1DE on it.

Everything seems to work fine.

The only points to take care are:

1. In addon project -> Properties -> Build => Set Target CPU = x86 (don't forget to set it specialy for Release configuration) and then recompile de release version.

2. In addon installer project set also the same way Target CPU = x86, then recompile the project and run the AddOnRegDataGen.bat in order to regenerate the ard file.

After that the addon is correctly installed and runs without any problem.

Regards

Trinidad.

costas_ioannou2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response Trinidad,

In the add-on project I set the target CPU to X86 as you say. However, I cannot find this option in the installer project. If I got to Properties -> there is no "Build" sub men on the side and also no option anywhere for target CPU.

Costas

Trinidad
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Costas,

I have tested with VS2005 and VS2008 and for both in the installer project you need to go to

Project Properties -> Compile -> Advanced Compile Options button => Then you can choose the Target CPU in a combo box.

Hope it helps

Trinidad.

costas_ioannou2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Trinidad,

The funny thing is I just managed to get it to work for 2 add-ons. Then when I tried to do it for the third one I got the same error. I guess I need to retrace my steps, but it seems like it can work if done exactly right.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Its Addon related Code Problem or its compatible problem, Because i am facing same problem while installing addon to my client PC has window 7 64bits OS.

Any solution Help me asap.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member196647
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP Business One SDK does not support 64-bit development. Both UI and DI API, DLL files are only meant for 32 bit - and will not work on 64 bit.

Regards,

Rahul Jain