cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS document output in SOP report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I want to OUTPUT a DMS document in SOP Report template. But it is not reflecting in my SOP report though I have fullfilled the prerequisites.Here are my steps that i carried out

1) I have linked the DMS doc. in a value assignment in user defined text.

2) The DMS document type is SBV.

3) The required document indicator tick is alos ensured in specify user defined text types in BASIC DATA & TOOLS in customizing.

3)It is also ensured that the EHS <> DMS doc types are linked in customizing.

4) I put the symbol in wwi report template under GESTDHEADE HEADER User-defined text .

But when I run the preview (cg42) the space where I have assigned the symbol is blank.

I even tried to put my required data in Long text in user defined text tab assigning REMARKS as user defined text type but there is no output in REPORT when i carry out preview.

Requesting your comment what shall be the cause of this .

Regards,

Ashish pradhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

the document type SBV should not be used or used only carefully regarding this. I recommend to use a customer specific document type. SBV is related to WWI report templates. Furthermore make sure that generation variant fits usage of data record in which you have set up the document which is located in the user defined text (Active indicator of usage must be set). I know cases in the area of access problemes so that the WWI could not retrieve the user defined document. PLease make sure that you have "checked" WWI layout without error (WWI Check).

PLease check this:

if you have uploaded e.g. an rtf file and created a value assignment and you have uploaded the document to be stored in the user defined text than the document is "there". That means: in this process the SAP EH&S process generate a new unique id which should show up in the user defined text (there somthing like this should show up: SBV WWI 0000111223 numbers...)

Using this unique ID you can check if the document is really in DMS available. Furthermore depending on the EH&S release (support package etc.) you could check this. If you "click" with the mouse key on the unique id (refer above) the SAP EH&S system should upload directly to your client computer the document and start immediatly the corresponding application (e.g. word etc.) . In doing so you can check if the document is "really" there

May be you need to check further DMS customizing. E.g. depending on the document you have used in upload there is a missing link to the "type" of document. .E.g. the EXCEL macro regarding standard SAP output variant links to I believe a seperate document type

Hope that helps

With best regards

CB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashish,

Ensure that "Kpro indicator" is unchecked in spro settings for doc. type SBV.

Check whether it solves your problem.

Regards

Pavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi pavan

yes I ensured it is unchecked only.

Regards,

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashish,

Can you please explain, on which workbench (substance, work area, or incident/accident) you are trying to attach document? Also, have you configured any new "user defined text type" against any DMS document type at following spro path:

IH&S>Basic settings> specify user defined text type.

Regards

Pavan