Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High availability of WWI Server?

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts

What is the best approach to make the WWI server highly available?

1) Can the WWI service be installed in a MSCS (Microsoft cluster)

2) and/or can more (redundant) WWI servers (on seperate hosts) be installed to support the same SAP ECC system?

If 2) Can the application load balance between the two WWI servers and it one is down, then use the remaining one?

BR

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

What is the best approach to make the WWI server highly available?

1) Can the WWI service be installed in a MSCS (Microsoft cluster)

SAP recommends using WWI Server as redundant in Production server and discourages using any Cluster Service.

2) and/or can more (redundant) WWI servers (on seperate hosts) be installed to support the same SAP ECC system?

At least two and a maximum 4 servers on each production server can be installed.

If 2) Can the application load balance between the two WWI servers and it one is down, then use the remaining one?

WWI Monitor automatically does the load balancing

Thanks

Jayakumar

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Thanks for the very precise answer. I have awarded points.

One additional question:

Using the GLM (global Label Management) functionality, where the WWI-generation server sends result directly back to the SAPGUI... Have you any experience/guidenance if it is good practice to place a WWI server near the endusers in a remote location?

Having two WWI servers - one in location-1 together with ECC and another in a remote location together with GLM users (and automatic load balancing as you explained) - will/can this setup be configured to ensure that remote users/GLM scenario always used the "remote WWI"?

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Concerning this subject, I have the followiing question, maybe you will able to help me.

I would like to know if I could use the same server for the installation of WWI and the system expert, or do I need to use two different servers.

Thank you in advance

Regards,

Gregory Colombet

SAP EH&S Consultant

tombo_larsen
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gregory

You can use the same server (physical or virtual) for the installation of both WWI and EH&S Expert:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/69/46e98392e3c04ea65c1b682cc98cfa/content.htm :

The EH&S management server is installed as a Microsoft Windows service and manages the generation servers for the Windows Wordprocessor Integration (WWI) program and the EH&S Expert servers for the SAP EH&S component by Remote Function Call (RFC) from the SAP system.

Best regards

Tom Bo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your help.

It answered to my question

Regards,

Gregory

Answers (0)