cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP 7.10 to Excel 2007 export problem - blank sheet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am end user for SAP. While I run some report and export the same to excel it show blank sheets naming Format, Header, Pivot, Sub1, Sub2 etc. I am not exporting List-Export Local File option, I just want to display the data from SAP into excel. I am using the button or CtrlShiftF7 button. As per suggestion from various forums I have installed Patch 14 for 7.10

Regards,

Anis

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member264053
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Please try the following steps to resolve this Issue. I dont have the link else search on office help on microsoft website.

1. go to Menu -> Excel Options By opening excel & click on top left icon shaped in squares to show excel options)

2. Select Trust center --> trust center settings.

3. Choose Add-ins and enable require Application Add-ins

4. Choose Active X settings and enable all controls without restrictions and enable safe mode options

5. Choose Macro settings & enable all Macros and enable trust Access to VBA project object model

6.choose message bar settings and enable show message bar options

7.choose external content settings and enable all data connections and enable automatic update for all workbook

8.click ok & save the settings.

9. got to Popular uncheck the Enable Live preview Box.

& reopen excel & test it should work, we had come across this problem & found the solution somewhere on microsoft office 2007 help, do a quick search & you would be able to get the steps as well.

let me know if it worked for you

Thanks..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, this did not work for me. I set the settings just as specified. I also played with variations of the settings to see if I could find a combination that fixed the issue.

I know this may seem like an annoyance to most, but end users complain about the littlest things. I appreciate everyone's responses.

Anis, let me know if these steps work for you.

Thanks,

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pushya,

I tried the entire steps but it did'nt worked for me also.

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anis,

Have you had any luck resolving this issue?

Thanks,

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Jake,

still struglling.

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd Anis,

How many times you re-installed GUI in your system ?

Check any posts related to GUI issues, reinstallation is the final solution.

When i got this issue, i had tryed (GUI reinstallation) around 6 times.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagendra,

Tried 2-3 reinstallation of GUI. Will try 2-3 times also as per ur feedback.

Anis

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Tried 2-3 reinstallation of GUI. Will try 2-3 times also as per ur feedback.

Just to throw in:

Would you really accept a solution as "I have to install SAPGUI a several number of times before it works"?

I personally would install once, if it doesn'T work dig deeper, like checking logs (SAPSetup.log, sapregsrv.log), check the VBA settings (trust settings) and if all that fails open an OSS call.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anis,

Are you getting the issue for all users or particular users.

Please confirm.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepanshu,

Its coming for all the SAP end users.

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

I opened a note with SAP and they were able to reproduce the issue with Office 2007 SP2. They offered using SP1 as a workaround until they receive a reply back from Microsoft in regards to the OLE issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jake,

Any luck ? Did SAP already come up with any new note? Please update.

Thanks,

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP told me it is a Microsoft Excel issue and I should pursue it with MS. I have not had a chance to do this, yet. I will be sure to add an update to this message if/when MS releases a fix.

-Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

See note 1425448.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even I am getting the same problem. But not for all the users. Only for the few users, who are all upgraded from Office 2003 to 2007 face this problem.

AFAIK, the problem may lie in the order with which the SAP and Office 2007 are installed. Either of these two should come first, in installation.

Please let me know, if any one of you found the solution.

Also, I have raised a question to service.sap.com and awaiting reply.

Thanks.

Srinivasan K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP Folks,

Been seeking a resolution for this as well. Anyone happen to find a solid fix.

We are currently using VDI, with XP sp3, Office 2007.

Our SAP users are running reports getting a blank excel doc opening up after report is ran. Not really an issue more just an annoyance. Any updates would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

One

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Been seeking a resolution for this as well. Anyone happen to find a solid fix.

Jake mentioned the solution (give him credit):

Note 1425448 - Excel having macros opened as inplace displays extra window

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you have to check the following things.

1. When you are reinstalling the SAP GUI are you getting any error. If yes uninstall the SAP GUI completely and then install with the new GUI DUMP.

2. Please try to login with some other user and then check you may not have the privileges this may solve the issue some times.

3. Try to install the Office different version and then check.

4. Check the program SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN to maintain the Excel format. maintain the format Excel (In Existing XXL Format) to one of the user and then check.

If still not able to solve the issue please revert back to me.

Thanks,

Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey there....

This did the trick for me - thanx for the post!!

/Jenzen

Edited by: Jenzen on Oct 29, 2010 2:57 PM

...the post from Pushyamithra K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello am new to SAP and i was given a task same as this. I have changed the Macros settings, but the problem is everytime i have to refresh the browser to be able to export a large number of records from my worklist, without restarting the GUI it displays blank. Any idea why this is so, and how can i solve this problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anis,

Is windows office recently installed in your desktop?

Which office version you are using?

Are you able to download earlier?

If Windows office is recently installed in your desktop, its better to reinstall SAP GUI (latest version) again.

Tell your administrator to uninstall GUI first, before reinstalling.

Maximum GUI issues resolves by reinstalling.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Narendra,

I am using Office 2007 over win XP Pro. I have reinstalled both Office and SAP GUI.

Anis

former_member588587
Participant
0 Kudos

In the Excel Options, go to the trust center, macro settings, set it to allow all macros, and check the box in the bottom regarding VBA Projects.

This worked for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Godvin,

I tried asme but its not working for me, SAP is still opening blank excel.

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anis,

I have the same issue. I have not been able to figure it out. It did not happen with Excel 2003. It only started happening after we upgraded to Excel 2007.

Did you have any luck resolving the blank Excel window popping up?

Thanks,

Jake

Former Member
0 Kudos

No Jake,

I am still waiting for the solution.

Pls update if u get it.

Anis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohd,

Reinstallation of GUI will defiantly resolve this issue.

Please check the installation procedure [GUI Installation 710|http://www.id.uzh.ch/dl/sw/sap/SAPGUI/SAP_FE_Instguide_710.pdf]

particularly check the point 3.5.1 Creating a New Installation Package at above link.

Make sure that you have to uninstall your existing GUI first before reinstalling.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Nagendra,

tried uninstallation-installation and then Patch 15 also but problem is still same.

I am using SAP 7.10 with Patch 15, Excel 2007.

Anis