cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Duplicate on second invoice print

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can any one tel how to print Duplicate word on repeat print outs. Every print out after first one should include duplicate word on it.

Thanks

Chinna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

When you print first time, it will update the table NAST, with the Object Number and the Output Type, the processing status will be set to 1 (ie Successfully processed) Field Name VSTAT.

In case you want the duplicate copy to be printed for every reprint of the Invoice, you could inform your Technical Consultant (ABAPer) to check the entry in NAST Table for the particular combination of Object Number and Output Type and VSTAT = 1.

If it successful, then you should print DUPLICATE COPY, which is maintained as a Text in the Smartform assigned to the particular output type. This text will be printed conditionally depending on the success of check mentioned in second para above.

Thanks

Sundar

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna

You will have to maintain another Text "ORIGINAL" as you might have already done I presume.

Now you will have to maintain condition which is converse of the condition explained for printing of "DUPLICATE".

ie You should check for the status VSTAT <> 1 if successful print "ORIGINAL".

regards

Sundar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this change we have to go for an ABAP code.

Goto the T.Code "NACE".

Select your application as "V3(Billing)".Click on "Output types".

Select your output type and click on Processing routines.

Check the smartform and program for your medium.

If you are using smartform go to the T.Code "SMARTFORMS" and enter your smartform here.

Here you have make changes or you can make the changes in the form also.

Before this check whetehr the entry is there in "NAST" table or not.

If it is there then the repeat will be active else not.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chinna

Take help of your ABAPer to hard code Duplicate word on output form, if for that * particular output type * NAST table already have an entry for that document.

Its a simple logic.

try and revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To Print the DUPLICATE text on the second invoices , you have to write a logic either in the SMARTFORM /SAPSCRIPT

For this you have to check the NAST table

For every Second copy the NAST table will have another Output and the Original OUTPUT status will be 1 ( processed)

Check this from the NAST table for your Application and the OUTPUT combination.

If the VSTAT is 1 then you can considere the remaining copies will be duplicate.

In the SMARTFORM put a logic as

REPEAT = X

which will check the NAST tables for the repeated outputs and will print the DUPLICATE text.

try this and revert back if you have any queries

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

can you please tel me how to do this directly with out help of ABAPer.

This can be very help ful to me, as we dont have ABAPer avilable right now.

Thanks

chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think you can't dp this without help of ABAPer as Functional Consultants wont have access to the Program and the Smartforms.

Regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

I do have access, I tried my level best with my ABAP knowledge, and now I am able to print Duplicate on second invoice print, but client wants to print 'Original' on first invoice. Here I am facing Problem.

If I include Original in different Text option, only Original text is getting printed on every invoice. if I remove this Test item, then I am able to print 'duplicate' on Second print and First print is not print anything, where as I want to print 'Original' on first print.

can you please help me to solve this.

Thanks,

Chinna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask you developer to mak changes in print program and check NAST table for previous record status(VSTAT)before print function.