cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASSIGN_TYPE_CONFLICT in copy-function

0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm having a problem in BSP0.

When I execute a copy-planning function (the option "execute with trace").

BW is giving me the message:

"0 data records were read, 0 of them were changed, 52 generated".

The moment I click on the "save"-button, BW throws me the error message "ASSIGN_TYPE_CONFLICT" in a GP-program.

The copy-function is based on a "multi planning area".

The function just copies version "#" to a variable version, and 1 planning area to another one.

Does anyone knows what causes this problem?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi:

After migrate from 7.31 to 7.4 we get same dump running BPS layout writing a infocube. So, we solved it reactivating again the target infocube.

BR,

Abel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have changed the type of an 0infoobject,then you have to activate all the cube,infoprovder(used)planning area,planning level,planning package,before using then in copy function.

Regards,

Indu

0 Kudos

Hi,

It seems that the problem is caused by 1 infoobject that has recently been changed from length.

Do you know how we can "say" to BPS that the infoobject has changed from length?

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the infoobject Version, and it exist in the destination cube.

The infoobject Version doesn't exist in the source cube, that is why we copy from "#" to variable input.

How can I check your first proposal?

What I found strange is that the GP-program (that gives the error) wasn't regenerated.

How can I do that?

The report is GP4N5NAZ6...

• Generated report: infocube write

• Template: RSTMPLWIDTP

• RSAUInfocube: name of destination cube

• Author: AAAA

• Date: ...

• Do not change this report

The error took place in

FORM convert_v2_dtp

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have seen this error several times, however not within BPS / BI-IP. So far I was able to solve it with SAP note 908427 in order to reset the generation status of transformations.

Carry out the following steps to reset the status:

o Call Transaction 'RSSGPCLA'

o Place the cursor on the 'RSTRAN_MASTER_TMPL' program class.

o Choose the 'Set status' pushbutton (CTRL+F3)

Not sure if it helps, but might be worth to give it a try.

Regards

Claas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the records it has generated,must be contained in the planning package. In addition, all characteristic values must be valid (check against master data table, if it exists) and they must conform to the characteristic relationships of planning area.

Also check that multi planning area must have proper assignment of infoobjects from both the infoprovider.Check for the assignment by right click,check that u r not posting some characteristic which does not exist in another infoprovider.

Regards,

Indu