cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Expert only displays a limited number of tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using Crystal Reports XI and PeopleSoft 8. The database expert feature only shows a limited number of tables. I am unable to select the tables I need since they are down further on the list which is cut off by the window. The scroll bar won't go down any further even though the list continues out of the window. Is there a maximum number of tables that can be displayed? I already changed the registry key but that did not work for either the database expert window or the data explorer feature. Is there a way to manually select the table if I know the name of the table?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

JohnMattson

you could manually write sql and put in command

Thanks

Krish

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Crystal because I'm a business user, not a develper - so SQL query is not a solution for me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

In Crystal DesignerGoto-File Menu options-go to Database TabIn the Data Explorer column--Check only Tables and uncheck Views and store Procedures.

Try to make the changes in the registry one more time and check with the below options:

Close the CR Application.

Crystal Reports XI R 2:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.5\Crystal Reports\FetchOptions

=========

Re-open CR, create a new report or add a new database table to the existing report.

Upon editing the registry key by increasing the default value of 8000, all database tables will be displayed in Crystal Report's Data Explorer.

Thanks,

Naveen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Naveen,

Changes didn't work. Still getting only limited number of tables in selection window. I have the NMaxTables Registry Key up to 3,400,000 - doesn't seem to make any difference, still shows the number of tables as when it is set to 8,000. Checking only the "Tables" did not work.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the version of crystal reports you are using and service pack is installed.Set the Ntable Max Value for 1 lakh.

It takes the max values for few extent.

So, try to reduce he number and check for the table.After making changes restart the machine.

Thanks,

Naveen.

0 Kudos

Add filtering to Table filter. CR has limits but they are also limited by the amount of free resources on the PC.

Use the wild card options to list just your tables.

Thank you

Don

Answers (0)