cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports 2008 Cannot Log On to CMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have just installed a new CMS server. The server appears to be running fine and passes all of the diagnostics. We have enabled SSO via Active Directory and it is also authenticating properly. From the server and clients, we can access infoview with enterprise or Active Directory authentication with no issues.

When we attempt to open a report or connect to the repository from within the Crystal Reports 2008 client, we recieve an error: "Unable to log on: Could not connect to server (name of server). Please check that the server name is correct, and that the server is running."

I have tried using the fully qualified domain name, IP address, and specifiying the port (6400), but I cannot connect using enterprise or active directory authentication. I am also able to ping the server from the client machine and like I said previously we can connect to infoview also from the client machine.

I have searched the forums and couldn't locate a similiar issue. Any help or feedback would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

"Could not connect to server (name of server). " means the client was unable to connect to the hostname/IP/FQDN you entered in the system name of CR 2008. This doesn't make any sense if you can ping it. Until you get enterprise working perform all tests with enterprise to simplify things. Had it been a port issue then you would receive something like the host was contacted but no CMS's are running.

Is this affecting multiple clients? Are the error messages the same for hostname/FQDN/IP entered as the system?

I can't think of a reason why CR would not use the same path as ping so I'd recommend opening a case with support

Maybe a firewall on the client machine is blocking CR somehow?

Regards,

Tim

Answers (0)