We have a webdynpro abap application that is working on windows explorer 7.
I installed windows explorer 8 and now the application doesn't work anymore.
1. The login screen is shown. That part is working.
2. The first scren of the application is display. So far so good.
3. From there, nothing. The windows explorer is frozen. Cannot perform any action.
I can open another tab, but the one where the webdynpro application is running doesn't respond.
Is anyone have face that situation?
Any idea where to look at?
Did you mean internet explorer?
Go to internet explorer -> tools -> internet options -> Advanced
There locate the check box "Enable memory protection to help migrate online attacks" and uncheck it.
Or you can try other browsers.
Let me know if that works.
>I installed windows explorer 8 and now the application doesn't work anymore.
That could be because IE8 isn't supported yet by Web Dynpro. You can always check the Platform Availability Matrix: http://service.sap.com/pam
The support package that will introduce IE8 support hasn't been released yet, but is coming soon.
That said, I've done some internal testing on WDA on Win7/IE8 and haven't encountered the problem you describe. Make sure that you are using IE Compatibility Mode for any WD applications and you might have better luck (although not offically supported).