cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reg: Masters in ERP-SAP from victoria university melbourne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I'm kishore from India, this is regarding the Masters in ERP-SAP coursework being offered by victoria university, melbourne. I would like to know wether victoria university is an alliance member of the SAP university alliance programme. I tried to download the excel sheet under the "UA around world" as suggested in most of the threads, but unfortunately not able to do so.Also, I cannot find the university's name in all the random searches I did on the site. Can anyone please let me know if this course is accredited by the SAP-university alliance programme.

Expecting your reply eagerly,

Many Thanks,

kishore M I

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I just checked the Universities list for you and yes, the Victoria University participates in the University Alliance program.

The download should work, maybe this is an Excel problem on your PC, as the file is an Excel file.

Best regards

Sonja

Answers (13)

Answers (13)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is there any universities in india offering the same MBA?

Former Member
0 Kudos

All ~

I have been following this thread and it seems like there are confusions, apprehensions, doubts and above all a lot of anxiety in doing an SAP course.

I have been working in SAP for almost 12 years, in different roles and capacity and in different areas. My understanding is ERP goes beyond just customization and developing a few custom objects. It is more about understanding the orgnizational processes and leveraging the integrations principles to achieve the strategic objectives. But infortunately the so called institues think that imparting training in a module with a few customzation settings would help the market need. Absolutely NO. It needs more than this. And one way to achieve this is probably making a ERP curricum in the management institutions or in the universitities. Probably VU is a good example to fit in this area. I am not much aware of how VU works but yes the universities around the world need this kind of education to bridge the gax exising between the education institutues and the market need.

The new bread of MBA students knows the subjects very well in their domain but when it comes to understanding how an organization runs they falter to a great length. Till now I have rejected more than 60 MBA Graduates in the interviews for SAP area not becuase they are not good in their subject or SAP but becuase they don't know the underlying processes and how to meet the EXACT requirements from the customer. The customers now a days are looking for cost effective solutions with a lot of process management stuff involved. The responsibilities of the consultants are not just limited to the implementations alone but adding value to the existing processes and improving the process management. This can only be achieved if one understands the various principles involved in the area of ERP and for that one needs an in-depth knowledge about this. No doubt there are institutes churning out so called SAP consultants but unfortunately they are unable to meet the customer demands and in the end adding up to the fristration of the stake holders and eventually adding to the cost of the projects. This is the real fact.

Addionally to tell you the trugh nobody in this world gives a gurantee for the job. Getting a job is the responsibility of the student, of course the institutes definitely can help in co-ordination. I have recriuited many consultants who knows SAP only about 30% but knows more about the intergrations aspects well, inclduing the organizations core processes. Believe me they are very successful in delivering the solutions.

So just wanted to provide some thoughts on this and probably this might help you folks.

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

I Totally Agree with Mr. Paul Hawking, This is an Exclusive Course in SAP offering an ulimate career start in SAP and one who is willing strongly to take SAP as his life's career option, this course with a vast number of Subjects in SAP ERP is the option. one as a student has to have focus and get his course sucessfully done. Once you are in the IT market you realise the knowledge and importance you get with this degree. MNCs are looking for people with multi skills and knowledge in SAP and one should feel the importance of having such a course.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you alumni victoria university in Master business (ERP)? i am interesting in major erp at victoria university because core subject and elective subject provided sap. But i still confuse with comment from people say is not compatible with demand company. so i want to know how much percentage theory and percentage practically in victoria university?

Edited by: beginnersap on Oct 1, 2011 6:00 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi paul,

i m nirav from India, i hv done BE in Computer science. this is regarding the Masters in ERP-SAP coursework being offered by victoria university, melbourne at Ahmedabad India in collaboration with Ganpat University and CIASIS, i need some confirmation about this course from your side.

They offerd MERP from VU and 7 SAP certificates,Let me know these SAP Certificates are equivelent to single module certificate given by SAP? and what are the chances of geeting the good job after completion of this course.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have been working as SAP-PP/QM/PM consultant since 1 years. Now I am planning for Masters and also I dont want to change my profession. so, while surfing the net i found a program- Master in ERP from Lithan academy, Singapore in collaboration with Victoria university(Australia)., as the program sounds interesting but I am not able to find any info about the college and how much value it holds in the market.

So, I request all to give me Valuable Suggestions whether should I go for this or not.

Thanks in Advance

DOMESH

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you want to get a SAP job, DO NOT enroll MERP course, just wasting your money and time. For my understanding, MERP is nothing in employers' point of view, all they want is SAP experience. Maybe you can try the SAP Certification. I am graduating batch of MERP student in Singapore, sent over 100 applications within June and July but do not have any opportunity to attend the interview.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

It is disappointing to hear about your experiences. In a recent blog I wrote about how Steve Watts, CEO SAP Asia Pacific Japan, appealed to universities in the region to assist in providing skilled students to alleviate the SAP skill shortage. I get emails every week from graduates informing me of their success. I know this does not help you but at least it informs you that there are jobs out there. There are many factors which contribute to gradautes getting a job. Only one of these is the course that is studied. The first thing I suggest is that you get somebody to review your resume as I am surprised you are not getting any responses. If you would like to send it me I will I provide some feedback.

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Melbourne

SAP Mentor

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul, I am interested in BEMR Course .. Can u tell me about the future prospect of this course.

And also want to know the fee structure and the details of the course..

Thaks  & Regards,

Samrat Saha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Even i heard of this programme. Everything looks fine apart from the mixed responses given by some of the members. The cost of it is also a bit high. Moreover people tell me that when we get placed we are interviewed for only one modules either like abap, or HR or PP etc. Then what is the point in learning everything by spending so much unless one can afford it for the sake of knowledge for a career growth. But for any entry level person like me is it worth doing it?

Secondly, By the way I have 4 years of experience in Manufacturing which involved both Sales and as well as Production & Planning.

After that I moved to IT and I am currently working as a Software Tester for past 3 years

But my interest for manufacturing still haunts me and I also want to be involved in the IT industry. Then I felt that SAP ERP would be a better choice. I have planned to take up either PP or SD modules.

The next confusion is where should I take up the course. I am put up in Chennai, India. Here there are 3 institutes like Siemens, NIIT both of them are authorized training partners. But none of them gives any job guarantee.

Then I recently came across anothe company called Hages Business solutions which is located in Chennai, Trivandrum and Ahmedabad. They also charge like NIIT and Siemens (around 2 lacs) but they say that they give job gaurantee and a stipend for 1 year I guess. but they say they will consider as a fresher only. Has anyone come across this company or got placed thru this company. Is this company genuine or authorized training partner for SAP. how can i find it out. I couldnt find any reviews for this company in the net.

Pls guide me whether my path and selection of modules is correct or not.

If u have any good training centers also pls let me know.

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

I understand this thread was almost two years old but since it is relevant to me at this point in time I thought of checking with you if you had been able to understand more about Hages Business Solutions. I have seen their ad in TOI a couple of weeks back for the position of Junior SAP Consultant and applied for the same. Now they offer me a training program for 2.5 lakhs with 8k stipend for 6 months and almost double the amount after 6 months. My online research on this company almost yielded nothing, except for bringing me to your post above. I will be grateful if you could share any info on this.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai,

Iam also an aspirant looking for sap opportunities. With respect to your above posting ,sap passion...I had also  got an email from their HR Team regarding recruitment for junior sap consultants in Hages business solution.

They are an Trivandrum technopark based company with office in Chennai. In the market for pat 8-9 years. They do exclusively sap projects. you  can check their details at www.hbsind.com/ .I had posted my resume in there website ,and got the mail from them informing me of shortlisting and calling for an interview AROUND end of april..  location and date of test/interview not yet informed.

Important part is they have certain terms and conditions as you mentioned about the 2.5 lakhs fees and stipend for six months and then confirming as junior consultants .I had gone through their company website and it seems ok with respect to their client base...have projects from some leading brands..including sap labs. I have talked with the HR guy and he says that they can even recommend you for certification after your one year completion.as they have some parternership with SAP Labs....

From the point of gaining entry with a good work experience this opportunity seems to be fine  ..provided yes the investment part..but its worth if someone is passionate of making a career in path..looking towards the  long term ROI....but need to dig deeper into the whereabouts and credibility of the company..let me see..iam trying to get in touch with some of their ex employees ..through linked..some guys have put their profile in linked...also let me check through my friends in technopark.

.Point is of getting good experience and confirmation ..as I had some friends joining some companies in Bangalore after paying money..but after 6months ..they had to leave...some companies gave them implementation experience certificates...so verifying about the company on these two factors is very crucial..considering the investment to be made...

meanwhile if you get any information..please share with me...

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to express my support for the quality of the course offered by VU. Thanks largely to this degree I got a job in SAP functional integration working for a fortune 50 with arguably the biggest ERP implementation on the planet. Three years later I am leading the team and the skills I picked up in the course has certainly contributed to my success so far.

This course is really what you make of it, if you want to go out an learn SAP in detail you have plenty of opportunities to push past the curriculum presented to you and the lecturers will support you in doing so. Thats also not to say the curriculum is lacking but its designed to give you a broad overview, it is not about technical and functional specialization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Congratulations on the new role Huw.

Since you have completed the course we have now incorporated SAP Consultant Certification (BI, ABAP, FI, CO, HR, TERP10). This semester we have also introduced CRM. This certainly provides the students with a lot of scope. You are right, students can get out of the course what they want.

We are going to celebrate a 10 year anniversary of the course next year and look forward to you being there. Similiar to you many of the students are in senior positions in the SAP world. I presented at the SAP Australian User Group conference this week and met a number of ex-students who are now working in a range of SAP related positions.

Godd Luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Director

Victoria University

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read with interest on this Masters program and in fact very keen.

But after reading some inputs from some forummers i am feeling a bit doubtful.

Could someone who have completed this course and successfully got a job in SAP share your thougts

and experience.

There's a lot of money involve here thus i dont want to make any mistakes.

Is there any kind of subsidy given to students?

Any feedback will be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hahsia,

If you are referring the master program to enroll through the local institute in Singapore then you may directly contact with them (http://www.lithanhall.com). Sometime they have promotional activity so there might be some subsidy.

Thanks

Kamrul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hahsia,

If you are referring the master program to enroll though the local institute in Singapore then you may directly contact with them (http://www.lithanhall.com). Sometime they have promotional activity so there might be some subsidy.

Thanks

Kamrul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Kamrul...I am planning to take up this course early next year. How has your experience been so far regarding the quality of the material...were you able to find any job placements ...

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I have searched a lot to find the best institute in Asia Pacific region to get a SAP qualification. And found

Victoria University is the best place to learn and mastering SAP. The admin and Co-ordinator are very helpful

and i get prompt response. I would like to mention Brendan MacCarthy here, he is very supportive and responsible.

You can have a really different learning experience at Victoria University.

Thanks

Shafiq Rahaman

Edited by: Rahamanshafiq on Nov 16, 2010 3:57 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rahaman,

Thank you for your input. Although, I would doing this program in Singapore. I have read some comments that the quality is not the same as the one in Melbourne.

Have you been able to find any job interviews or opputunities?

Regards,

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar

Thanks. I am still doing the course, infact started. But to find a job i think it requires a bit of research

on the market.

Regards

Shafiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diwakar

Why not we discuss it here so other can share?

Regards

Shafiq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Shafiq...I was curious about the course content and structure...what are the courses that you have taken already ?? how much of it is based on practical use of SAP assignmenets etc) and how much based on theory..Are there any specific books used for the courses ? I wanted to have a look before i started the course..

thank you.

Regards,

Diwakar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Regardless of the Masters degree, one has to apply himself and gain experience from an Internship or a full-time job.

Everyone wants to get on the bandwagon of SAP, without the right experience and industry exposure, you are bound to fail.

Look into working for SAP or an SAP Partner and learn the trade / industry first.

James

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello , i am planning to take MERP in victoria university next year , i have experience as software engineering in IT Consultant Manufacturing for 3 years from software testing, programmer ,and it analysit. I have worry in prospect job sap in the future because i don't have experience in sap. can you explain to me how about prospect job sap for fresh graduate sap? i am 26 years old.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Firstly welcome to Victoria University. The typical student who studies the Master of Business in ERP Systems is not an undergraduate student who goes straight into a masters program. They are usually somebody who has had a number of years work exoerience. This could be somebody who has been a SAP consultant or somebody whose company is in the process of implementing SAP. We also have professionals such as yourself who want to enhance their existing skills by adding SAP knowledge.

In terms of career prospects all I can say is that there are a number of factors that contribute to getting a job. There are lots of job vacancies in different SAP areas and those areas differ from country to country. So you need to understand the SAP ecosystem in the country you want to work. Then you need to select the appropriate electives and do well.

But the most important factor is your level of curiosity. We provide a huge number of resources to students and the SAP world is fast changing. Students who are curious and seek out SAP knowledge independently are more successful.

Good Luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

SAP Mentor

Former Member
0 Kudos

how much of it is based on practical use of SAP assignmenets etc) and how much based on theory in VU before i take the courses .Are there any specific books used for the courses ? I wanted to have a look before i started the course.. When i become student of VU , can i have accsess to the uAcademy course or access the training materials from anywhere within Australia? how much money for taking exam to get certification SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hussain

Many of the students we attract into our Masters program have already worked with an ERP or work with compnaies who have implemented one. The best place to get further details is at www.businessandlaw.vu.edu.au/sap.

In response to your specific questions.

1. The core includes; ERP Systems (ECC), Business process Engineering (ARIS, Solution Manager), Supply Chain Management (APO), Organsiational Change Management, ERP Implementation (ECC, Solution Manager and 3rd party tools), Strategic Use of ERP Systems. Then there are approxiamtely 10 ERP electives to choose from including; BI, CRM, 2 x Programming (ABAP), Financials, Human resources, Process Integration, Project Systems, Project Mangement (a full list at web site).

2. The core plus elective model gives students flexibility to study a range of subjects.

3. Students don't need a business background as ERP implementations and support involve people with a variety of skills such as training and documentation, plant maintenance, Basis (technical skills) etc.

I don't intend to use this forum to promote VU courses as it is not appropriate I was more commenting on the negative feedback in this thread.

If people want to learn more about our range of offerings please contact me directly or go to the website above.

Regards

Paul Hawking

SAP Academics Program Director

Victoria University

Australia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi doshisanket

It is unfortunate that this has been your experience with the Victoria University course and I am surprised by your comments.

I appreciate any feedback about the course and its relevance.

Recently the Singapore Government sponsored 60 students to undertake an ERP course offered by Victoria University and a 6 month paid industry internship. Many companies approached opted out of the sponsored industry internship and directly employed the students to ensure ongoing access to their skills. This includes Accenture who employed 9 of the students. To date 53 of the 60 students are in employed or in internships. To us this is a good indication as to the relevance of the course to industry needs.

I am also suprised by your comments in regard to the introductory level of content in subjects. I don't know what you were expecting as many of the subjects have bolt on SAP certification (BI, FI, HR, XI, TERP10). I would consider the content to be far from an introductory level.

If you are unaware of the existence of the above initiatives please contact me.

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Programs Director

Victoria University

Melbourne

Edited by: Paul Hawking on Mar 25, 2010 5:24 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Paul,

Thanks for the reply.

It is a common notion that academic program are never up to industries standard. But from you reply it seems that it is good for a beginner.

Please answer some of my additional quires.

Also Dose this degree cover core Business subjects? Or it just teaches SAP customization?

Can the student choose the module in which he wants to study?

What level of business knowledge is student expected to have to join this course?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Paul,

I am not providing any negative feedback but I am giving unbiased answers complete facts for the people who are misguided by the offerings of such course as their money, time and career path is involved behind the decision.

The time and money spent for the course is definitely not worth as compared to industry demands. The sponsorship by Singapore Government is limited for Singapore residents. Apart from this the bolt on certification requires more money equivalent to each subject fee to be spent. so for e.g, $2350 AUD for subjects + $2350 AUD for certification. Also, if you apply for the jobs in SAP companies they ask for experience and permanent residency requirements. The BI, FICO work done in the industry is completely different then the course offers.

Also there is no support from University for finding employment in SAP or helping students to find any good projects or work voluntarily during the course to gain real world exposure as university does not have any close contacts with the companies or capacity to accommodate all the students in any SAP company. As the fees are already collected they are not bothered whether this course has helped the students equivalently in finding employment in SAP.

The assessment levels are more on theoretical assignments and introductory class room workshops. No exposure is given to the real world work scenario. for eg FICO module in the course teaches how to do postings, create profit centre and cost centre. BI module teaches how to create info cubes and info source and some basic concepts of DBMS. BI is far more deep and different, the knowledge of which can only be gained by experience not by doing such course.

Hope this helps all to take right decision,

Regards,

Sanket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Definitely Victoria University is very good to Provide the SAP course but I am very disappointed about the Local Institute of Singapore (LithanHall). Currently I am doing MERP in Victoria University from Local Institute. I found some local lecturer is not co-operative to the students.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MD.KAMRUL,

I am sorry to hear about your feedback.

I may not be in the position to comment about your feedback regarding your request to the trainer, however, to be fair to the local lecturer, he is required to carry out the lesson according to the structure and scheme of work set by the University and adhere to that.

I suggest that you discuss your request with Mr Chowdhury Raja, the Senior Operation Manger of Lithan Hall who is able to address your concern and feedback.

I have also forwarded your concern to him and he will be in touch with you soon to ensure that your concern is addressed.

Regards.

Edited by: Vivian Yeo on Aug 3, 2010 3:31 PM

Edited by: Vivian Yeo on Aug 3, 2010 3:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I m a BE(ECE) with around 3 years of experience in Software Testing,I am planning to take up the MBA in ERP systems program conducted by Lithan Hall in Joint Venture with SAP Australia and Victoria university. I dont have prior experience or knowledge in SAP and i even dont have knowledge in programming too. I'm little bit confused whether this course will suit me? Can u plz suggest me whether to take up this course or to go for SAP Abap training in SIEMENS india.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a better option then that, do it from India from CDAC, Noida as they have just the program what you are looking for and much cheaper, also part of U Alliance Program plus Placements are happening there, companies like Reliance have recruited from there for consecutive 2 years for their SAP Team

Regards,

N

Edited by: Nitesh Nagpal on Mar 23, 2010 5:33 PM

micheal_raja
Discoverer
0 Kudos

wats the course name provided at cdac noida regarding sap ...........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sonja,

Thanks for the confirmation. I appreciate your help on this.

Many Thanks,

kishore M I

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

The course is indeed endorsed by SAP Education U-Academy alliance program, But I would suggest you not to go ahead for this course as this course is highly at introductory level. The assessment levels are very poor and are not in conjuction with the industry demands. The kind of assignments and exams conducted is of no value as the SAP work in the industry world is completely different.

There is no demand among employer and if you go out in the market they ask for experience rather than this degree. Also, there is no single support provided by the university in placement activities they are not bothered about the student's employment in SAP. Even if you are ready to work voluntarily they are not at all any propects after this course.

Most of the students are doing odd jobs despite of doing such degree. only 2 or 3 students out of batch of 60 students are able to get job that to at graduate level.

Instead of spending 32K AUD behind this course I would recommend you to do some certification in particular module or gain some experience and do certification futher in that technology.

Hope this information helps you,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can someone please help me by answering the question.? I'm planning to take up this course and would like to know its credibility.