cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on Report UMG_R3CHECK_FILES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on Combined upgrade and Unicode project from R/3 4.7 to ECC 6 with Ehp 4. Currently running the Unicode pre-conversion steps and I would like to have your clarification in executing the report UMG_R3CHECK_FILES

As per the CU & UC guide i have executed the report and also checked the note 89384. I would like to know should i create the control files from SAP system using the report or at Operating system level (with <SID>adm logon) as mentioned in the note.

Also I have created a folder in application server with full rights for <SID>adm. Later when i try download the files from SAP referring to this path there are no files downloaded and no error occurs. Its going blank.

Any help on this would be much appreciated

Regards,

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anand,

You need to get the list of all cluster tables in place, from that Report UMG_R3CHECK_FILES, there is a download button on top left. Select the place where you want to download all scripts.

This report should only be used together with transaction SPUMG during the preparation of a system for the conversion to Unicode. The report creates control files for R3check as described in note 89384.

For more information about the transaction SPUMG, please refer to the 'Unicode Conversion Guide' which is available as attachment of note 551344

For each cluster table, you need to run below, better to make script and execute, try with first then move forward,

Assuming you downloaded all scripts in path /tmp/CLUSTER (with SIDADM 775 ownership)

SIDADM> cd /tmp/CLUSTER/

make fie vi CDCLS.txt

export file='/tmp/CLUSTER/'

dumping=yes

client=<nnn> -- only prod client

select * from CDCLS.......one bye one for all for all tables.

save it as CDCLS.TXT

2. Path check, cd /tmp/CLUSTER

SIDADM> R3check CDCLS.TXT

You will get the result in trans.log in same path.

3. So on for all cluster tables.

Make sure where you execute file,

1. try to build txt files for all cluster tables scripts via report.

Run it in same place like /tmp/CLUSTER -- like above example

2. Now you need to run R3check for all control files, you can run in parallel, it will take some time to give output, depends on your cluster table size.

I hope you are doing for sandbox or dev system.

Let me know if any issue.

Regards,

Amit Lal