Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firefighter not able to login to /n/virsa/vfat :SPM5.3 SP 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am Configuring SPM 5.3. i Created RFC, Back ground job, assigned proper roles to owner, firefighter,controller,admin.

I assigned everything in configuration table in the tcode: /n/virsa/vfat as per the guide.I assigned FFID to firefigher, and given password in security table.

But when firefighter enters using his id , he is not able to execute the /n/virsa/vfat tcode.It is saying no authorization.

Then i gave manually authorization s_tcode: /n/virsa/vfat to firefighter, then he is able to execute all tcodes whichever FFID is having , But log is not generating.

what is the issue? where i am going wrong? is there any problem with installation? Please suggest.

Regards,

Joseph

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

did you assign /VIRSA/Z_VFAT_FIREFIGHTER to the user that's supposed to use the FF ID?

Don't give the TCode manually, assign the role.

Frank.

7 REPLIES 7

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

did you assign /VIRSA/Z_VFAT_FIREFIGHTER to the user that's supposed to use the FF ID?

Don't give the TCode manually, assign the role.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes I assigned that role to FIREFIGHTER .

Edited by: joseph reddy on Nov 24, 2009 4:23 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Create the FIREFIGHT ID in system ( E.g: FF_ID_01 )

2. FIREFIGHT ID assign to FIREFIGHT roles (Virsa Standard Firefighter Role for Firefighters)

3. Create New User ID in System ( E.g: Test01 )

4. New User ID assign to Support - Firefighter role

5. Goto Transaction code /n/VIRSA/VFAT

6. Click on Firefighters Manu bar

7. Change View Firefighters enter new Entries (FIREFIGHT ID, New User ID and Valid From to Valid To )

8. Save it.

9. New user now able to access FF ID.

10. Navigate to the Firefighter Cockpit using the link from the user menu OR transaction code /n/VIRSA/VFAT from the menu bar

11. Select from the available list of FF IDu2019s. Red indicates the FF ID is in use. You can notify a user using a FF ID by using the Message button. Otherwise login with Log On

12. A Reason Code can either be for Emergency Changes or general Production Support. The subsequent text area should be populated with a brief description of the reason of initiating this Firefighter session. An activity description is also required outlining what transactions are expected to be used.

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Just checking: did you activate the BC sets, run the FF_NOTIF_FILL report, generate the roles...? (i.e. do the complete post installation steps)?

The HOWTO section of the BPX GRC area has a slide deck that guides you through tthat.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Simon,

Thank you all,

I configured everything in /virsa/vfat , but when firefighter enters using his id , he is not able to execute the /n/virsa/vfat tcode.It is saying no authorization.

HI Frank,

Can you send me the link of The "HOWTO section of the BPX GRC area has a slide deck that guides you through tthat."

Regards,

Joseph

koehntopp
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/BPX/Governance%2CRisk%2CandCompliance%28GRC%29How-ToGuides

Look for the post installation guide for SPM.

Frank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Joseph,

Can you please confirm the nature of the problem that you are encountering?

Is it still the authorisaion to access transaction /VIRSA/VFAT?

- If so, with which user ID? The Firefighter ID or the user who requires access to the Firefighter ID?

Have you managed to login successfully with a firefighter ID but the log report is not generated?

There could be lots of places to look but the solution depends on what your specific issue is!

Simon