cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HowTo "Creation of BI Master Data in Integrated Planning...)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

one of our customers need a planning application in which he can create master data for different attributes, insert some key figures for this attributes and changes already planned key figured.

For the last two point I've already found a working solution, the first point (creating of masterdata in web template) is still a problem. After a little search, I found a howto-guide "Creation of BI Master Data in Integrated Planning (IP) through Web Layouts", in which the necessary steps are described, how to do this (please see following link: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/607193d5-cdd5-2b10-c699-8ff04c3124f6)

Does anyone of you know this guide and was able to build a working solution?

I have different questions, maybe you could help me:

- what kind of variable is he using?

- do I need a DataProvider in Web Template?

- how do I get the connection to the used variable in the button group?

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Timo,

you require two howtos to implement the solution.

First, please take a look at the first document:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/10d2b273-0e12-2c10-fab3-a34bde559...

In chapter 3 you see the prerequisites (note 1101726 and notes 1384495, 1387004 and 136772). By this, you change the system behaviour, not to check if the new inserted master data is valid (it can't be valid, because the entries are new!)

And after this please implement the solution from the how to.

Furthermore you can take a look at this how to, which might help you too:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/607193d5-cdd5-2b10-c699-8ff04c312...

Even if my first post is a bit old, my customer still uses this solution, at the moment we are on 7.3 sp06, so it is working in newer releases too.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Tim

schmidhnx
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

thank you for your fast response.

That are also the same How Tos that I know.
So I think I am on the right way for my solution.

Thanks a lot.

Timo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

how did you solve that on your own?

I tried several things, apart following the "How-To" Document and I run out of ideas, how to fix this.

My assumption is, that I do not get any connection between the text field and the button group.

Debugging showed, that there are no values passed to BW backend.

Would you please give the solution or any hint, how I can solve this?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Franck, Tim,

How did you solve the prb in the end?

Thanks in advance for your contribution.

Regards,

Jacques

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I solved the problem on my own.

Thanks,

Tim

schmidhnx
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Tim,

can you tell what your solution was or is to solve your problem.

I am looking for something to create new master data including additional Attributes.

So maybe your solution will be helpful to me and to the others of the community.

regards

Timo

lucimar_moresco
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

The master data creation in BW BPS or IP is not supported by SAP. So I would recommend you to check the cost x benefit of that solution to avoid some undesired issue in the future.

BR

Lucimar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1 Type of variable is 'Characteristic Value' created on InfoObject ZIPFRETX.

2 You will need a dataprovider in Web template only if you need to enter plan data. To maintain the master data you don't need any dataprovider but Input-Field and Button group.

3 In the button group where you specify the command as EXEC_PLANNING_FUNCTION you have the option to specify from where the variable should get the value. There would be a field 'Variable value' with an Input-help kind of icon. Click on that icon and a new screen wll open. Specify below values

- Variable Type : ITEM_INPUT

- Web Item - <your input field name>

Edited by: Deepti Maru on Nov 27, 2009 9:23 PM

Edited by: Deepti Maru on Nov 27, 2009 9:26 PM