cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release Strategy for Condition Records

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a requirement from my client. The client needs to give 4 levels of release strategy for the condition records created. The selling price for the products will be entered by person 1. This has to be approved by the sales execute (person 2); then by the sales manager (person 3); finally by the General Manager (Person 4). The selling price of the products ranges from 10 lakhs to 40 lakhs. so, the release strategy is needed. This type of release strategy is available in MM for PR and PO. Please let me know whether similar facility is available in SD. Any alternative is also solicited.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can u please mention the name of the BADI, with which you got this functionality?

Thanks in advance

regards

Ram

tn_naveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to you Release Statuses in the Condition Records to achieve this.

You can read more about this here:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/en/a4/af9e78e69611d2ace10000e8a5bd28/content.htm

You can use Pricing Reports to see the reports by Status for further approval.

Regards,

Naveen

Edited by: Naveen TN on Dec 1, 2009 6:52 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I too have a similar kind of requirement i.e.,I have a manual Discount Condition types(Not processed thru Condition records) for which i want to have a approval system.

Eg.,During SO creation If the User enters 40% Discount then it should go for three level of approval.as shown below.

1)Approved By Area Manager

2)Approved By Regional Manager

3)Approved By National Sales Manager.

If User Enters 30% Discount then it should go for two level approval WiZ.,

1)Approved By Area Manager

2)Approved By Regional Manager

Then only system should allow to do delivery.

Please Guide me

Regards

Shakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable reply.

I defined 3 Processing status (Menu path: SPRO >> SD >> Basic Fn >> Pricing >> Define Processing status). They are EU-End user, KU-Key user, MD-Final authority. These processing statuses are assigned to Release status. First two processing status EU, KU were assigned to A (Blocked). The third processing status MD was assigned to Blank (Released). The purpose is: at processing status EU one person will upload the price master. Second person will check the price and will change the processing status to KU if he satisfies with the accuracy of the price master. The third person (final authority) will check the price and set the Processing status MD. Once the condition record gets the status MD, the prices can be used for creating sales order because it is released.

In the condition record for PR00, when I enterthe processing status EU or KU the release status shows 'Blocked' release statuses. When I enter MD in the processing status, the release status show 'released'.

My question is how can assign the responsibilities of changing the processing statuses EU to KU, KU to MD to two different persons.

Regards,

K Bharathi

tn_naveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathi,

I can only think of using this information from help to try and control the logic.

"Business Transaction Event 00503303 Maintain Conditions: Transfers. If you want to, you can define the sequence of the processing status, which must be kept to when defining condition records (transaction VK12)."

Regards,

Naveen

tn_naveen
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Bharathj,

Please refer to the following Notes:

Note 986344 - Release by authorization in condition records

Note 1010475 - Release by authorization in condition records II

This should help you achieve your requirements.

Regards,

Naveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

We have solved this issue by Badi with the help of an ABAper. The logic is three users were given three level of authorization. Person 1 will create or change the condition records; Person 2 check the condition records; Person 3 will approve the price finally. When the Person log on in his user id, he can create or change the price. The processing status will show EU. Condition records will be saved; but the release status is maintained as "Blocked". Person 2 will log on in his user id and checks the price; if the price is correct he will change the processing status to KU from EU. The release status is maintained as "Blocked". Person 3 will log on in his user id and check the accuracy of prices. If the prices are OK, he will change the processing status to MD from KU. The release status is now changed to "Released". So, after approval of the Person 3 only the pricing conditions are released.

Regards,

K Bharathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please share the BADI name, we are also having teh req.Pls help on this.

Regards,

Nagesh N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same requirement , and I am making the initial analisis, can you share wich bady helped you to do it. or anyone elses has had the same requirement and finally succeed?

Thanks

Marta