Any chance you searched SDN and didnt get the information?
New functions like JDBC lookup is added......parameterized mapping program allowed.....there is blog-series by William Li on the Mappiing Enhancements available in PI7.1
Please feel free to execute the search option.
This is the list of all mapping enhancements in PI 7.1:
1. Re-usable user defined functions.
2. Look-up function reads multiple fields.
3. Synchronous DB / RFC lookups: Use graphical function to model look-ups.
4. Specifying mapping parameters at configuration time.
Refer PI 7.1 Blogs:
SAP NetWeaver Process Integration 7.1 - Details [original link is broken]
New in SAP PI 7.1
1. Graphical variables:
2. Function library: In lower releases, you were able to save and manage user-defined functions as part of one message mapping only. You can now create function libraries independently of specific message mappings, and can use the functions you define in them in multiple message mappings.
3. Correcting Structural Inconsistencies