Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to enable History for SAPGUI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

For my SAPGUI history is not enabled, i.e. whenever I am opening ABAP Editor or some other transaction there will be nothing in drop down list. I have ECC 6 version and also I have tried to activate through Options -> Local data -> History-> On, (Also tried with immediate) but yet I am unable to view the history. Also I have checked the file in SapWorkDir i.e. Directory for local data for *.mdb extension, here I am unable to see any file with .mdb extension.

Moderator message - Welcome to SCN.

But

Please do not offer rewards

Thanks,

Harjeet

Edited by: Rob Burbank on Dec 1, 2009 9:52 AM

21 REPLIES 21

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you need to go to options. The button is right next to the help-button.

Inside the options you need to click on tabscreen local datas.

Regards

Nicole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Nicole,

I have tried the same thing and written the same in my post already. This is not working.

Do you have any other option?

Regards,

Harjeet

0 Kudos

Hi,

maybe you deactivate yu personal list.

help => settings => F4 help => "Do not display pers. value list automatic." (DEACTIVE)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please tell me more clearly where to find this option help => settings......., or is there any transaction for that.

Also this is for F4 i suppose. Will that work for the history as well?

Regards,

Harjeet

0 Kudos

Hi Harjeet,

you must have checked 'fast' connection (or unchecked 'slow' connection, don't remember) because for slow connections speed SAP switches off SAPGui history to reduce the network load. Also you must have write access to the local directory

configured for SAPGui.

Regards,

Clemens

0 Kudos

Hi Clemens,

May you give me a brief about this connection settings. Where we need to check / uncheck this settings i.e. In SAPGUI or in our internet settings.

Thanks.

Harjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in saplogon mark an entry, choose change, press "erweitert" (right from R/3 R/2) and unmark

"langsame Verbindung" (last button).

Regards, Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have checked my connection settings and found that it is already checked to High Speed Connection.

If everything is at the right place then I dont know how to enable by history in SAPGUI.

I will appreciate if you please share your past experience with me to enable the same.

Thanks,

Harjeet

0 Kudos

Have you checked this OSS note?

Note 931540 - History: repair MDAC installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you confirmed you have full access to the SapWorkDir? Which SAPGUI and patch level are you using?

Regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I checked and got to know that I have full access to the SAP directory. I have tried all the possible ways to enable history for SAPGUI but still its not working.

I tried to uninstall and install SAPGUI again but yet its not working. I dont know how to activate now.

Please suggest if you have any suggestions.

Thanks,

Harjeet

0 Kudos

Customized Local Layout or Alt + F12

====>Options ==>local data tab

make sure you tick the History 'ON ' first.

then keep proper size for the cache and other things.

apply/OK.

is this the way you have done?

0 Kudos

Yes I have checked the ON radio button in the local data tab and the values for different parameters are:

Expiration : 12 Months

Maximum permitted file size : 60 MB

Maximum number of entries : 75

Enable History for fields up to 255 characters

Maximum cache size : 10 MB

Maximum cache file size : 1048 KB

These are my settings. Please notify me if anything has to be changed.

Thanks,

Harjeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Friends,

I am still facing the same issue with the history of my SAPGUI. Its quite difficult to copy everything in a notepad again and again.

I think nobody has answer to this question .

0 Kudos

there is one xml or .dat file which your Basis team would be having, which need to be placed in the directory where your GUI is installed... without which nothing can be done after these many trials on options provided.

some ppl know it as sticky memory too... search for OSS or in sap support..

Edited by: Jay Sadaram on Dec 4, 2009 1:59 AM

0 Kudos

Hello Jay,

Good post, I appreciate but I have checked for everything written in the post but nothing worked out.

My problem is remain same. HISTORY IS NOT ACTIVE

0 Kudos

then its in your basis teams hands to work on it.

0 Kudos

See , there is problem with you MS access components.

go to google.com and search for Mdac.exe .. latest ..

try installing it. before that delete all *.mdb files from SAPWORKDIR folder..

revert if problem persists.

Regards,

Shailesh

0 Kudos

Not a valid question now as I have changed the project.

Thanks for all the responses.

brad_bohn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Two things:

1) File access was mentioned as something to check but in the response that identified the Local Data settings, you didn't identify the directory path for the local data file or whether you checked for Read/Write access to the file?

2) Have you run a GUI trace yet? I did not see that mentioned. Turn on your GUI Trace for Local DB then try to display values for a field. What does the GUI trace file show?

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.