Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making Delivery Class 'A' table to Transportable table.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear ABAP expert,

I have a delivery class 'A' (Application table), which I would like to make it transportable. It is kind of late to change it now as there are entries in the table, thus my question:

1. I need to make this table a customizing table so that any change will be done in development and transported to production client. Will changing the settings to make it a customizing and transportable table end up deleting existing entries in the table? I know the table need to be regenerated somehow but not sure if this will delete entries in it as well. I have 5 of such table and need to know what's the implication.

2. Technically what work need to be done to change non-transportable to transportable. I believe changing the delivery class to 'C' is not sufficient?

I am not ABAPer so sorry if this is a basic question.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can regenerate the maintainence for this table and select radio button 'Standard recording routine' so that it will ask for transport request for any new entry. You don't need to change the delivery class 'A' in this case.

0 Kudos

Thanks for the input. Will test out your recommendation.

0 Kudos

I tried your steps but even then it is not asking for a Transport request when I add new entries.

Actually , my scenario is that of a View of delivery class 'A' based on a table of the same delivery class.Could you provide some more details.

vijay_chanchlani
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am facing the same problem.Could you please guide me how you were able to solve the problem.

0 Kudos

We have to include the table objects into the TR and while creating the table maintenance generation we have to select the Recording routine as Standard recording routine..  then only you will be able to include the table entries into TR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bakar,

As suggested by Sriharsha, in case of Application table user manually selects the recording routine whether to prompt the user for transport request or not.

You need to see in SOBJ, after changing category  to CUST choose transport as manual transport.

It should ask for a TR then.

Thanks. (Reward if helpful please).