Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WWI: Which kind of Word (2003) License is needed for WWI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

we plan to build up EHS with WWI.

One Component of WWI is Word (at least 2003). Which kind of license do we need? We have already office 2003 with single license for every pc.

Thank you for your help.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Alex,

You will not require separate license for word to be used in WWI if you have license for MS Office.

From SAP side you will require license for EHS and WWI.

Please confirm with your SAP sales person for EHS and WWI license.

Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

but when I try to install Word, I need an adequate license key and therefore I need a license. But which kinf of license?

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alex,

WWI a an SAP tool; not of Microsoft's. It facilitates to use the MS word functionalities (and many other SAP proprietary functions) in SAP application for playing around with template creations.If you have MS office and SAP EH&S licenses (under which WWI functionalities are included) , you don't require any further license. It's then the matter of WWI integration with SAP application, which can be done in following two ways:

1. Install WWI on a separate identified server (called generation server) and define RFC's (remote function calls) to connect to the SAP server and hence all front-ends for usage.

2. Install WWI locally on the machine with single usage.

Regards,

Pavan

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

As Pavan rightly said WWI is an SAP component, so when you install the same it will ask for the license key which is a lincense key from SAP.

Your MS office license key is different then this and while installing WWI you will not require to use that license key of MS Office.

Regards,

Niraj

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, I got it. Thank you for your help