cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account requires an assignment to a CO object

Former Member

Hi

I have created a new mvt type using 551 as reference.

When I try to issue goods using MB1A with new mvt type system throws an error "Account requires an assignment to a CO object". But Iam able to issue goods using MIGO transaction.

please advice

regards,

satyaprasad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor

Hi,

Use transaction code: KA02: enter G/L account(Cost element) and in default acct assinmt TAB,assign the Cost Center and save.

Now try ur transaction.

OR

Check the field status of the account in FS00. If this account requires CO object as mandatory then check whether a cost element is created or not , this error normally occurs when CO object is mandatory but relevant cost element is not created.

Example: CO object may be cost center, cost element, WBS element

OR

Use t.code OKB9 and assign G/L account to cost object with ur company code and save.

For more check the link

http://www.sap-img.com/financial/requires-an-assignment-to-a-co-object.htm

Regards,

Biju K

former_member215739
Participant
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

@Bijay Kumar Barik

So if we assigning an account code in backend on transferring an invoice to the sap and we receive the error then that means no cost code has been assigned to that account code and that needs to be assigned?

And what are the possibilities other then manual removal of the cost code from the system if it was existing earlier and now not available.

Thanks,

regards,

Pranav Lamba

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

This issue is coming whenever you will change item amount in MIRO screen.that time issue will showing with price difference GL so that solution is go to the GL tab and maintain GL with cost center and also maintain required field tand most important think don't change item price after maintain GL than save it. issue will be resolve.

former_member865060
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I am getting this issue while trying to do 543mvt...pls help with tcode also if you can

0 Kudos

I Solved this issue. my user facing same issue at the time of MIRO screen whenever user posting MIRO-> fst fill up all data like header level, than user put PO no and change item price in the line item level thats why issue was taking price difference GL so i suggest go to the GL tab and put the price difference gl and also maintain price difference amonut wher was showng simulate time and fillup that line like-cost center, profit center etc.and but one think most important dont change iteam price than system automatically take that price than issue will resolve.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please review the SAP note

367813 - KI235 for goods movements: What should be done?

Regards

Vijayesh V V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

It means ur G/L acc.ount requires cost center

contact ur FI consultant.

Regards

venu Gopal.S