cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPC CRM7 UI customize

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I want to change the IPC CRM7.0 Ui ,while i am changing the standard file as ipc/component/characterstics.jsp file.it will not reflected as well.i could not understand why it will not reflected but while i am changing the header.jsp file it will reflect

my requirement is hidden the catalog number.plase so the below code.

if(charName.startsWith("VC_GLB_CATALOG_NO") {

//EDD940: Creating the hidden text field for Catalog Number Charrateristic to store user given Catalog ID

%><input type=hidden name="input_<%=charName%>" value=""><%

}

please guide me how to change the characterastics.jsp

thanks

jati

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

michael_zarges
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I am not able to exactly answer your question, but at least I have an explanation:

in the CRM 7.0 UI, a new feature called "UI designer" was introduced. This allows to create "UI models" which overlay the characteristic layout which is defined in the knowledge base. So business people in CRM can create different look & feel (including a paged layout) for different scenarios without touching the product model which may come from ERP. Therefore, the central area where the cstics are rendered has been completely redesigned to be able to handle these UI models. 5.0 changes may not work in 7.0 anymore.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi michale,

thanks for quick action.

i could not find the intance name (child name,paranet name) while the child is created for cofiguration.could you give me idea of how to get the instance name.

thanks

Jati

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I also have similar requirement in characteristic.jsp for CRM 70. IPC Web UI, I need to include/display check box's beside to each and every characteristic.

When I try to modify the ipc/tiles/characteristic.jsp, I can't see my changes reflected. But when I modify header.jsp, I could see the changes.

When I hit the URL http://hostname:port/ipc/ipc/init.do?showmodulename=true, I see the output as

/admin/kblist/kb.jsp. I dont see the jsp names in ipc web ui like http://hostname:port/b2b/b2b/init.do?showmodulename=true.

My requirement is to display check box's in IPC WEB UI and introduce a custom button in it and when that button is clicked a custom action needs to be triggered.

Since I am new to IPC , Can some body throw some insight and provide me some documents/ideas to handle this requirement.

thanks

Sreeni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

if you have not customized much up to now then characteristic.jsp is not using to display characteristics.

By standard it is taking Uimodel.jsp and dynamically displaying all characteristics.

Hope it helps.

Thanks.

Sarath.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

Thanks for your reply . My issue is resolved , where can I assign points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I am new to IPC. Please help me out in providing some Documents for Flow and UI Customisation. In my Project we are using JSP UI,Struts and servlets.

Please provide me your contact number: You can reach me @+91-9591254254 and my email is: mahigupt@gmail.com

Please reply me ASAP. As currently i am stuck up with so many customisations.

Thanks,

Mahesh Nuli.

former_member193379
Active Contributor
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir,

Are you sure the changes you want to make in the "characterstics.jsp" is the required one. As there are other "characterstics.jsp" file in other folder.

Try to get exact folder name by running your ipc application "/init.do?showmodulename=true" and it will display JSP location.

I hope you are making changes in right file but confirm with folder name by above mentioned method.

eCommerce Developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

... also make sure if the characteristic name is spelled correctly...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

Thanks for quick response.

but I have to change in the characteristics.jsp for hidden the Catalog number UI element. so that its mandatory to chnage that file. i could not understand Header and statusbar file also change reflected but characteristics file not reflecting.so that i could not hidden the filed as well.

I folow your massage as "/init.do?showmodulename=true" but is showing only the KB Area filed.

please guide me where i start the changing.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the /ipc in b2b or b2c etc... or ipc application?Make sure you are changing the right application.. just in case.... From what you have explained, you are talking about the IPC (ipcwebapp) application.

Also, these JSP's notoriously have many includes inside includes. The includes are very generic and there is an include for every data type. You may have to check in the right data type include.

Another option: if you work closely with the functional team and the VC (variant configuration) design time team, you can check if the Characteristic you want to hide can be made invisible at runtime in the VC design itself. It is technically possible do so in the design time (KB) itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ram,

I want to hide the char name startwith VC_GLB_CAtalog_no filed from iPC schreen so that i have to change in characteristics.jsp file.but i put the code in Charactristic.jsp file but that one is not reflected but.IPC CRM5.0 ,its working perfectly , now this file is not calling by default ,i thing is any other file is calling and visible the characteristics AREA.

but same cas HEADER and STARTUSbar also reflecting in CRM5.0 and CRM7.0.

IN IPC CRM5.0

file location;

ipc/component/charactristics.jsp this file is how is it configured i dont know but this file call to ipc/tiles/Characteristics.jsp

ipc/tils/characteristic s.jsp call to ipc/tile.characteristic.jsp in this way files flow.

but CRM7 IPC.

not happening but header and status arae flows same as crm ipc 5.0

i am pasting some piece of code..in ipc/tiles/characteristics.jsp

if (!uiContext.getUseGroupInformation()){ // XCM setting: No group to display

//out.println("inside");

if (groupName != null && !groupName.equals(strCharGroup)&& !groupName.equals("$BASE_GROUP"))

{

%><tr><td><b><font size="2%"><%

%><%=groupName %><%

%></font><b></td></tr><%

}

else // In case of no group DefaultGroup Name to be displayed

{

if(!groupName.equals(strCharGroup)&& groupName.equals("$BASE_GROUP"))

{

if (count == 0)

{

%><tr><td><b><font size="2%"><%

%><isa:translate key="ipc.defaultgroup"/><%

%></font><b></td></tr><%

}

}

}

strCharGroup = groupName;

}

if( count % columns == 0 ){