cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

500 - Internal server error hosting Crystal Reports XI Server on IIS 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I have just moved a to IIS 7 running in 32 bit mode and despite a few stumbling blocks along the way, it is now up and running. The Crystal report documents output as .pdf format in their own frame with no problems but when I try and output the same reports in html 4.0 format, I get the following error: CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.InvalidArgumentException: Invalid export options. Has anyone got any ideas what might be causing this? Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by: foxdeveloper2000 on Dec 10, 2009 6:17 P M

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your persistence with this. In answer, the App Pool is configured for .Net 1.1 and unfortunately the Process Monitor tells me nothing useful. Unless anyone can convince me otherwise I am resigned to believe that Crystal XI Html export just doesn't work on Windows 2008 Server.

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

That version of CR Server hasn't been tested on IIS 7 or Windows 2008.

But the error message you're getting is very specific - that it has no idea about the export you want.

So what is the assembly version of the CR .NET component you're using? Is it 9.x?

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ted. The version I am using is 11.0.3300.0. If it helps to know, then the problem is not IIS7 since I have tried loading Apache on Windows 2008 Server and I get the same error.

Edited by: foxdeveloper2000 on Dec 18, 2009 4:17 PM

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

I think CR.NET supported export to HTML in that version.

But CR Server doesn't support export to HTML, only interactive viewing via DHTML viewer.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I've said before this setup has worked fine on multiple XP installs. What version number is the assembly for the .Net version and I will try that out? This would be CrystalReports11_5_Net.msi to work with .Net 1.1 - is that correct?

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

That installer is for CR.NET for version Crystal Reports XI Release 2 for .NET Framework 1.1

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually i can save from Crystal Deisgner to html ok. So why can't I do it from my app that has always worked before. When I look at the output folder it contains a folder with the name of the report being output as html that is empty with an images subdirectory that is also empty.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couple of things;

1) make sure his app pool is configured for the 1.1 fwk, since I believe we use .NET framework classes for the html export and XI didnu2019t support 2.0.

2) see if Process Monitor tells you anything;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ludek, I tried the Process Monitor and it doesn't throw up anything obvious as is causing this, neither do the logs. I tried installing Crysyal X1 designer on the server and when I try html preview I get the following message:

HTML Preview Configuration Required

HTML Preview will be enabled when:

You are logged on to Business Objects Enterprise. You can log on using the Repository Explorer

You have entered location of a Report Application Server. You can enter the Report Application Server Location on the Files->Options Dialog, Smart tag and html Preview tab.

Please can someone explain what this means and how I do can get my reports to output in html format.

Many thanks in advance

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the file crxf_html.dll on that server? It should be in c:\Program Files\Common Files\Crystal Decisions\3.0\Bin (if you're using 11.0, not 11.5)

If you have the CR designer installed on the server, can you export from there? If the designer is not there, can you install it as a est and try the export there?

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have checked and the crxf_html.dll file is present. Unfortunately, I am unable to load the designer on the server to test whether it works with it on there and to be honest it should work with the server setup anyway. This setup has worked on all previous installs on IIS 5.1 so why not this one. I suspected it might have been something to do with permissions since it creates the folders but not the html pages or images but I have given NETWORK SERVICE and ASPNET all rights to create folders and files but still it does not work. I really need some help here. If it helps to know then I am using Crystal XI Server Install service pack 4.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

See if Process Monitor tells you something. Look for Access Denied in the logs. ProcMon is here;

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-ca/sysinternals/bb896645.aspx

Ludek

Follow us on Twitter http://twitter.com/SAPCRNetSup