cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read file content and keep binary copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All, I don't know what the best way of doing this is, but my requirement is to read the content of a file using File Adapter and post a document with this datda in SAP, but also to keep a binary copy of the file attached to the posted document.

So my question is, Is there a way within the file adapter to read the content of the file using the Content Conversion mechanism and at the same type keep a binary copy of the read file.

Thanks,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know we can send it via proxy but your question was something different or my be I misunderstood it.. here is your question again..

>

> Hi All, I don't know what the best way of doing this is, but my requirement is to read the content of a file using File Adapter and post a document with this datda in SAP, but also to keep a binary copy of the file attached to the posted document.

> So my question is, Is there a way within the file adapter to read the content of the file using the Content Conversion mechanism and at the same type keep a binary copy of the read file.

>

> Thanks,

> Pablo

What I understood from your question that, there is a file which you want to read/pick via file adapter and at the same time you also want to attach same file along with the content and then post it to R3.

If my assumption is correct then it is not possible. Yeh If there is some workaround then that is different story.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your assumption is correct, so what the workaround to this would be then?

Thanks,

Pablo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To solve this problem I had to do the File Content Conversion myself using a Java Mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it will be possible to send the copy of file as an attachment while posting the document into R3.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you could, within the ABAP proxy you can send binary data along with not binary data, this is the actual content of the file.

The archive folder is of no use for me because I actually need to attach it to the document in ECC using GOS, I'm ok with this, the only issue is how to get the binary part across.

Thanks,

Pablo

Former Member
0 Kudos

u can use the archive mode -this will archive the file and put a copy in archive folder. is this wat u r looking for?

chirag