The basic settings are
MK01. Fill e-mail addes in the vendor marster.
SU01. Indicate your e-mail addres in your user.
In spro Create a "message type for PO" with Transmision Medium 7 Simple Mail
MN04 Create the output conditions recording.
In SCOT you control the transmision
Hope to help you,
Refer SAPNote 191470 - Purchase order as an e-mail
Basically there are two mail types: Internet mail (external mail) and SAPOffice mail.
Mail is sent via the output determination in both cases.
If you use the external mail, the message for the purchasing document is converted into a corresponding text file which is sent to the vendor via the Internet.
SAPOffice mail is sent only within the R/3 System and has mainly the function of providing information.
In particular, it is not possible to attach a message (form) for a purchasing document to a SAPOffice mail.
When using external mail , the following basic settings are required:
1. You must maintain an e-mail address in the address in the vendor master.
2. The same applies to your own user master. You also have to specify an e-mail address there in order to identify the sender.
o Note that it is not possible to change the e-mail address of the vendor via the SAP purchase order transaction (ME21N, ME22N, and so on).
o You can only make a permanent change using the vendor master transactions XK02 or MK02.
o You can use a temporary email address in Transaction ME21N.
3. For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail. You can find the definition of the communication strategy in the Customizing
via the following path: (SPRO -> IMG -> SAP Web Application Server -> Basic Services -> Message Control -> Define Communication Strategy).
As a default, communication strategy CS01 is delivered. This already contains the necessary entry for the external communication. Bear in mind that without a suitable communication strategy it is not possible to communicate with a partner via Medium 5 (external sending).
4. Use the standard SAP environment (program 'SAPFM06P', FORM routine 'ENTRY_NEU' and form 'MEDRUCK') as the processing routines.
5. In the condition records for the output type (for example, Transaction MN04), use medium '5' (External send).
6. You can use Transaction SCOT to trigger the output manually. The prerequisite for a correct sending is that the node is set correctly. This is not described here, but it must have already been carried out.
7. To be able to display, for example, the e-mail in Outlook, enter PDF as the format in the node.
To use the SAPOffice mail, the following basic settings are required:
1. For the output type for default values, a communication strategy needs to be maintained in the Customizing that supports the e-mail. You can branch to the maintenance of the communication strategy via the input
2. Use the SAP standard environment (program "RSNASTSO" and FORM routine "SAPOFFICE_AUFRUF") as the processing routines.
3. In the condition records for the output type (for example, Transaction MN04), use medium '7' (SAPOffice) and also partner role 'MP' (mail partner).
How can you both change the mail title and text for the sending of a mail message and maintain a replacement parameter, for example a document number.
1. The replacement routine is maintained in the Customizing for the output type in the detail screen on the 'General data' tab under 'Replacement of text symbols' (for Release < 4.6B, this can be found on the 'Mail' tab page).
FORM routine: TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE
2. If you work with the new Enjoy Transaction ME21N, ME22N or ME23N, Notes 370522 and 420066 are required.
3. Maintain mail title and text.
o If you want to send a purchase order within an R/3 system using the SAP office, you can maintain both the mail title ('Re:') and also a mail text in the Customizing for the output type To do this, select the directory mail title and text for the corresponding message type.
o If you want to send a purchase order as (external) mail, for example, to a vendor, you have to maintain the mail title in the condition record for the output type (for example in Transaction MN05) on the 'Communication method' tab page. Enter the mail title in the 'Text for cover page' field. You cannot maintain an additional mail text.
o Note that the values from the mail title are used to create the description for the attachment.
4. The replacement parameters must be enclosed by &. Example: You want to enter the title 'PO number 450000001'. For this you have to enter the following in the Document Title field (Message Customizing -> sub-option: Mail title and texts) 'PO number &EKKO-EBELN&'
o Note that the replacement via TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE can only be executed as of Release 4.6B.
If you also want to use the purchase order number in a release < Release 4.6B, refer to Note 120474 - as an alternative, you have the option of implementing the text replacement functions by Consulting, priced separately
You send a purchase order by e-mail and want to attach the document as a file type (for example, PDF).
The file type is maintained in the corresponding node in SAPConnect (Transaction SCOT). If you have any further questions, contact your Basis administration.
Attaching purchasing documents to e-mails is only possible for external (Internet) mails. This is not possible with SAPOffice mails.
Although LET (print) for example is still set as the alternative to INT (e-mail) in the communication strategy, a program termination occurs because of a missing e-mail address.
See Note 310234.
When you send a mail message for a purchase order, a short dump occurs if the purchase order was created with reference to an outline agreement.
See Note 502250
Please maintained all the settings which are mentioned below ,
Goto NACE .
u2022 Select EF and click on OUTPUT TYPES.
u2022 Then select Output Type NEU and click on processing routines .
u2022 In that you have to add a new entry - medium 5 .
u2022 Then you need to assign a program, form routine and form.
u2022 You can use the standard program i.e. SAPFM06P, FORM routine is always ENTRY_NEU and standard MEDRUCK.
u2022 Then in PARTNER FUNCTION you need to add a new entry : medium - 5 and function - VN .
u2022 For subject of the mail goto Mail Title and Texts. In title give PO No. &EKKO-EBELN& .
u2022 Under General data -> Replacement of text symbols give programm as SAPMM06E and Form Routine as TEXT_SYMBOL_REPLACE .
u2022 You need to maintain your email id in tcode SU01 and also the vendor's email id.
u2022 Now while creating a new purchase order , change the medium to External Send .
u2022 Then goto Communication Method and select CS01 . ALSO make sure that the Cover Page Text has value PO No. &EKKO-EBELN& .
u2022 Goto tcode ME9F .