cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Big Extract from SAP to PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have a very big extract going form SAP to PI, it is the entire GL actuals with around 300 K records which needs to go to another system. Can anybody suggest any good solution on how to move this to the other system? Do you think an ABAP proxy can handle this size of data or should PI be only getting a file and moving it to HFM?

Thanks,

Pablo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pablo,

As you said, you are not going to change any data in mapping and transformation then I would sugegst you not to use XI/PI and to create a BAPI program and use FTP/NFS to transfer those files. Also, you can schedule a job for the same.

Just to give u a brief idea abt the XI load..... while message processing in XI ..the size of a message is multiplied by 10 (approax)..due to the fact that certain header information is added alongwith other details..

However,if you really think that you need go ahead with this scneario then refer the below link:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/library/soa-middleware/pro...

Also, I would suggest you to refer few links here :

http://forums.sdn.sap.com/search.jspa?objID=f44&q=howmuchsizecanhandle++

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys, thanks for you input. As I see different opinions here what I'm going I guess is to make a quick test passing the data through PI, if it takes to long to pass the data accross then I would just change it to direct transfer from one system to the other. I personally don't like this last option as we will end up having some interfaces outside PI and some other don't.

Thanks,

Pablo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo, PI best practices recommend the message size have to be between 1MB and 5 MB, i think you must to put a UDF that cut the data, or even better, the abap proxy can send you the data already cuted in several parts.

But one question, this interface only work for one time?, best practices also recommend do not use PI as a Data Migrator, maybe you can use LSMW (legacy system migration workbench), this is a tool from SAP.

Regards.

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

As these are GL records, i will not do any data manipulation/ data split in PI. I will handle those in ECC ABAP program. (I might still use PI for transforing the data into ECC-Proxy format)

There is a limitation of 999 records for the BAPI posting GL documents in ECC, So, you need to post them some into suspense GL account & revert all the documents if any one of them dosen't get posted.

It is explained in detail in the below thread

Regards,

Siva Maranani

former_member183909
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo

I did an interface ABAP Proxy from PI to SAP for over 20MB no problem at all so going the other way should be ok too.

My interface also converted the flat tab delimited file into XML and then to SAP via Proxy...very fast. In fact this runs every night and does 2 of these files a night at around the same time so that is 40MB !.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pablo,

I am using proxy to extract the data frm SAP and the size of data upto 80MB .u send upto 100MB.

0 Kudos

i ahve to post Large records from ECC to JBDC, I have to uplaode data 150000 records to database within 15 minit, how can i do this scenario? plz help me...if yuo have solution.