cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass change of material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a query regarding mass change to be done in material master. I need to update one value in the Material group 4 field in sales org view 2 in MM02 transaction for nearly 300000 materials. One option i find is LSMW and the other i saw is transaction MM17. Please let me know how feasible is this MM17 transaction? Is it possible to upload all the 30000 materials through MM17 transaction in one go and update the field? Will there be any performance issue if MM17 transaction is used?

Please give your suggestion.

Thanks

Dinakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Hello SAP Family, I'm getting this error while use MM17:

Assign all key fields of table MAKT to a column in spreadsheet SHEET 1

I never seen that and always use MM17 and never had this issue. Please provide any feedback that would help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

answered

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

LSMW is a migration workbench, but it can be used for this pupose too.

In LSMW you can choose between batch input, IDOC and BAPI method. In MM17 you cant choose the method, it is just given.

From my experience MM17 uses the IDOC programs for updation. LSMW can do this too. If both transactions are using the same programs, then I dont see the big difference, hence both can be used for 300000.

I have never encountered a limit of 2500.

MM17 can run in background (define a variant for your change first), it is easy to use and would be my first choice for the change of just 1 field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use MM17,

Goto the Transaction code MM17 and in the table check the MVKE- sales org data for material

and select the Fields tab and choose the field MVKE-MVGR4 and execute

Now enter all the materials in the next screen for which you want to change and execute

In the next screen you can maintain the new values for the old

Please check and revert

thanks,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai;

You can also use T.code MASS for this purpose.

Edited by: mfasal on Dec 11, 2009 2:43 PM

former_member212745
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dinkar,

You can use MM17 also but I think You can process maximum of 2500 materials in one go.

But if you have created recording lsmw of MM02, you can change 30000 materials in single go .

former_member190537
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is no issue go ahead with MM17

Mahesh