We are building the sub-con scenario with the objective production operation tracking by the sub-con. Could anyone confirm my below understanding
In the sub-con scenario, we can CIF the sub-con vendor as location to APO and can change the location type 1050 or else we can keep location type as 1011 itself. Now, we can create dummy product version in R/3 regular plant and product version will be maintained in sub-con info record. When we CIF this product version to APO the PPM/PDS will be maintained at vendor location.
Following are steps if you go with PDS.
1. Create Dummy routing for product to be subcontracted.
2. Create dummy production version for product to be subcontracted.
3. Create info record of subcontracting type for vendor material combination and put production version in info record.
4. Now transfer location(plant,vendor) both ,resource, PDS(subcontrcting), inforecord in this sequence to APO.
5. Product will be created in vendor location also and Tlane will be created automaticaly for components between plant and vendor location and for header product with source location as vendor.
Need of type 1050 location is required only if you are subcontracting same product from multiple plants from same vendor otherwise it is not required.
IF you work with PPM you need to create Product manually in vendor location also Tlane for components need to be maintained manually.
Hope this helps.
Hi Siddhartha & Senthil,
I have two options
If we set-up a separate plant for each and every sub-con vendor in R/3 (we have 18 sub-cons) and CIF to APO as production location type then SNP genarates STO between client location and sub-con location. So we need to create a separate sub-con PO manually in R/3. Also, in order to settle the STO between sub-con location and client location we need to do GI and GR.
Can I change the location type from production location to vendor location type 1011 in APO for the sub-con plant so that we will get PO instead of STO. I want to check whether any one implemented sub-con scenario with this model
We will not create separate plant for vendor in ECC, correct? We need to replicate the vendor as vendor location to APO and when we CIF the sub-con Inforecord (Production Version attached to the sub-con info record) we will get the PDS at vendor location, correct?
Now, we want to convert the SNP planned orders to production orders and my client wants to confirm the production operations in the production order to track the lots at sub-con location. So with this set-up we not able to CIF the SNP planned orders to R/3-PP.
Could any one confirm - can I convert the SNP planned orders (which are created at vendor location) to PPDS planned order and then to PPDS production orders. Also, I want confirm the operations against the PPDS production order in APO. If I am able to do in this way then sub-con PO will be created and without any customizations I can meet my client requirements
Thanks a lot
My suggestion to you is go with option two only. When you convert requistion to Subcon purchase order from APO or in R/3.
In Purchase order you can track confimation of operations by activating confirmation for purchase order and configuring confirmation control key in R/3 from there you can track exact operation status at purchase order level in R/3.(SPRO
As far as my knowledge we cannot integrate planned order to production order conversion in vendor location with R/3/ECC.
Hope this helps.
If we have confirmation against production order then we will know scrap quantity in each operation (confirmed quantity) and also we can release the work center capacity by confirming the each operation. My client interested in sub-con capacity and confirming the scrap quantity and confirmed quantity. I believe it will not possible with purchase order confirmation.
Can we convert the SNP planned order at vendor location and there by convert the PPDS planned orders and then to PPDS production orders. We will confirm the operations against PPDS production orders in APO itself. Could anyone confirm this is feasible or not
I was invovled in one support project where it external vendor was modeled as plant and handled has stock transfer scenario. But I donot know how commercial part was handled in this case.
In Another project we we nt below approch. This is subcontracting with production order.
1. Define seperate production order type in ECC for subcontracting.
2. Define BOM.
3. Define routing with control key PP02(but modify control key by checking check box - schedule external operation)
4. Set parameters of production order type so that this bom and routing is selected .
5.Define seperate storage location(Dummy) for each vendor.
6. Whenever you convert planned order to production order purchase requisition will be genrated for operation.
7. Whenever you send components to vendor just do storage location to storage location transfer(transfer to vendor location)
8. You can confirm operation and do capacity planning also.
9. Only thing is during goods receipt you have to do it against PO as well as production order.
We cannot convert planned order to production order in vendor location there is no option there.
Hope this helps.