cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user id locked in BW system without logon attempts by user

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We have completed the integration kit installation along with other pre-requisites except for the SNC (we are still working on it for right now).

When I logon to Crystal Reports using the SAP credentials and running report on top of SAP BW and ECC data and then later close it and then open it after some time I cannot run the report anymore.

It gives me the logon error, saying password is incorrect and account has been locked out.

After this I cannot even logon into SAP BW anymore.

The following are the parameters we have in our entitlement systems tab,

Max failed entitlement system accesses --> 0

Keep entitlement system disabled [Seconds] --> 120

Max Concurrent connections per system --> 10

Number of uses per connection --> 5

Along with the above parameters/options we also have the following flags set

Automatically import users and force user synchronization.

We have used a generic system id for the entitlement system configuration, so my id is not used there as well.

Can anyone please let me know what is causing the user id to be locked on frequent basis.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

We've run into a similar issue in our environment where the bicrystal user's account in BW becomes locked out.  I believe this may be due to the SIA caching the old account password after the new password is established.  Restarting the SIA should uncache the old password.

Here's what I did to diagnose the issue:

There are two locations where that account is defined: CMC->Authentication->SAP->Entitlements and

NWA->RFC Destinations.  Changing the password in both locations allows you to view the entitlement roles associated with the user.  Viewing these roles, after the password has changed, provides an easy mechanism to validate that the password was changed successfully.  Unfortunately, the account in the BW environment becomes locked once users begin to execute reports.

I then turned tracing on in the Gateway and on the work processes.  This pointed me to one of my SIA servers that was making the call where the user would lockout. I restarted all SIA instances in my cluster and that resolved the issue.

Good luck and hope it helps for the next time:)

former_member194928
Participant
0 Kudos

Did you ever find a soluton for this? Having similar issue.

Thanks

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Dharma,

when you run the report how are you logging on to the BusinessObjects system ?

thanks

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am facing almos the same issue with Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.0.

We are on SP2 Patch 17.

Creating CR on SAP BEx Queries.

Executing the queries is not the issue, while working with the CR client or even trying o log on on the BOE Server causes the locking.

Any resolution on this?

thanks in advance.

bye Ömer

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must have a universe or olap connection with a named user, having the wrong or expired pasword.

everytime 3rd time a consumer accesses that connection -> usr locked

This could include any scheduled report instances running using that connection.

it could also happen if your SAP users replicate at a scheduled interval from BW into CMC, again, using a faulty password.

regards,

H

former_member275658
Contributor
0 Kudos

We are also having this issue and not able to figure out how to resolve this ?

Is there any KBA from SAP to resolve this issue ? I could not find anything on sap portal