cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EH&S: import of phrases with CG3Z

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

can anybody provide me an excample file for upload phrases with transaction CG3Z ? (ECC60 system)

pls send me an link or an excample file

thank you

Patrick

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Pat

Ideally you should create a excel file and enter the data and using a macro convert the file as per the dat format and upload into the system.

Here's the short cut - Please check this SAP Note 1299496 - REACH: Phrases and phrase sets. This contains a sample Phrases file attached. You download and manually change the content based on your requirement and upload and import the phrases.

Thanks

Jayakumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jayakumar,

The sample in SAP Note 1299496 was helpful. Change and upload was successful.

thanks

Patrick

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

If this is what you mean by standard phrases, we get standard phrases from content providers in .DAT format if you are in contract with them( updating your phrase library) in the respective languages, you need to upload that and from AL11 you need to import that as per standard process.

Regards

Ravindra

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Ravi,

Thanks for your answer.

The scenario is, we are doing fresh implementaiton of SAP-EH&S, we have activated customer phrase library.

We are not getting master data like phrases, phrase sets, templates (OSHA report templates) etc. like we get in any IDES server.

Where do we get these master data to be imported to our new installation. Does it come with any of the installation CDs/ DVDs of SAP?

Regards,

Niraj Sikligar

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello all

normally EH&S is empty in the sense of phrases etc. As described in the answer before (answer of Ravindra): to get phrases (and to import them etc.) you need a data provider. Furthermore the phrase sets can be defined by you (in some sense) in doing the EH&S set up properly (please refer to implementation guidelines etc.).

Regarding WWI template (like OSHA) etc. it is "nearly" the same. Some "draft examples" are shipped with SAP but in most cases these are not applicabel as they are. Here again a number of providers exists there you can get templates (these work only if you use the EH&S data model (definition of properties/characteristics, identifiers etc.) as required by the provider)

A "customer libary" is only a "primary" set up required to set up phrases in the system (phrase catalog). You need furthermore phrasegroups, you need to defined phrase languages to be used etc. etc.

To my knowledge may be some "rudimentary" phrase groups are deliverd but I believe no phrase set etc. which need to be generated during EH&S set up. You need (or you should do that) further more define which phrase languages should be available. In most cases you need at least any language of regulation ADR (transport regulation europe) and asian languages (like JA etc.) Furthermore to do so further SAP set up might be required.

Furthermore the most "expensive" set up step need to be done: the assignment of the phrases to the phrase sets. Once again: by using one of the potential data providers => this is part of their offer to you.

Hope this heps a little bit

With best regards

C.B.

Edited by: Christoph Bergemann on Jan 7, 2010 8:50 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patric,

For the directory in AL11 you need to ask your basis guys which directory or folder they had configured for all your imports say phrases, specifications etc.

Regarding the error please check,If the transfer file exists in Microsoft code page format, enter the value MS-NT. The data is converted from Microsoft code page format to SAP(ISO) code page format. and vice versa.

Regards

Ravindra

nirajsikligar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

We tried to to download the phrases from the directory mentioned in al11. But we could get the custom phrases which we uploaded. Where to get the Standarad phrases supplied by SAP ?

Thanks and Regards,

Niraj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The phrase files are .DAT files and please check the link for further information on how the structure the file is,

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04_sp/helpdata/en/c1/eda0f591ec12408b25e7a1b369ca45/frameset.htm

Regards

Ravindra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through the transaction AL11, where you can find the default files with which you can make a test run of transactions CG3Y and CG3Z.

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this already but I got the error during check:

The system located an undefined delimiter +SC ISO-R/3 in line 2 of the transfer file.

my testfile:

-

+C Verwaltungsteil

+SC ISO-R/3

+D UICLID

+V 2.20

+D 20091212

+C PatrickSchauer

+BC PatrickSchauerPatrickSchauer

+C PatrickSchauer

+BV $TCG61

CATPIN IUCL

+EV

+BV $TCG62

LANGU DE

CATNAM IUCLID Phrasenkatalog

+EOF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can u tell me the exactly directory and name where the .DAT testfile is located (AL11) ?

regards

Patrick