cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory of Empty HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I'm facing a problem with the inventory with WM/HU modules.

I need to be able to inventory an empty HU.

For example, if physically a box is found with one or two materials in the warehouse and this HU is empty in SAP, I need to be able to inventory this box.

For the moment, when I try to inventory any empty HU, the systems tells me that there no HU that match the requirements for inventory.

Anyone has an idea ?

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

Remi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Unfortunately I have to tell you that the functionality you are

requesting does not exist in the SAP standard. To increase the quantity

in the HU, you will have to count the material into the non-HUM

partner location (with an IM or WM inventory) and then pack the material

from the partner location into the HU in the HUM storage location.

Kind regards,

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ramana,

We have tried to inventory the material into the non-HUM partner location with wm-inventory in storage type with SU managment(new SU number 2000000223) , and then (after LI20 and LI21) we have packed the material from the partner location into the HU in the HUM storage location.

The system gives us the error L9 602 "Storage unit 2000000223 is without appendant HU" if the putaway is in store type 923 storage bin PACK.BIN, and the error L3 342 "Storege type CT1 must not be posted to directly" if the putaway is into the same inventory storage type and BIN(hu managed).

If the storage type hasn't SU managment flag, the system allows posting into the same inventory storage type and BIN.

Why does the system give us this different result?

Thank you in advance.

Viviana

Edited by: ConsViv on Oct 20, 2010 4:17 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Easiest approach is to add this stock to a new HU and just re-label the physical HU

Answers (0)