cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check Portal Logs/Trace

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I got some user access issue with regards to the BW report(iview) published in Portal.

I checked Authorizations(Trace) in BW and came up with nothing.

How can I perform the same (Logs/Traceu2026etc) in the Portalu2026to pin point the error

Please on how to set up trace for the particular user (Not sure of terminology used)

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

chintan_virani
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the SAP logs like defaultTrace through NWA or phsically loggin onto server for narrowing down to the issue.

[Logging |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/e2/75a74046033913e10000000a155106/frameset.htm]

Chintan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am new learner sap ep 7.3 .could you please help on this regrading how to log and trace processes step by step and abap dump.

Could you please help on regarding this error checking process what we need to do follow.

Regards,

Basha

Message was edited by: basha sk

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

ABAP dumps don't appear in portal logs. You can view that in ECC transactions (ST22 etc).

For other logs and traces check this help link

Viewing Log and Trace Files - SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment - SAP Library

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

birojpatro
Contributor
0 Kudos

When the BW Reports being executed, the Portal server redirects the request to BI Server.

If its an authorization issue, you may better find it in BI Server rather searching anything on the Portal. So I would try to trace the user's access in the backend.

Please post the error message. It would be easier for the other members in SDN to find the solution to your problem.

Cheers!!!

Biroj Patro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Login as administrator to "http://server:port/nwa" and navigate to System Management->Monitoring->Logs and Traces.

Select the Default trace view, you can see the logging statements based on the defined logging level.

Thanks,

Smita