cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catalogs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

In the SAP help in the link provided http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/2d/350903448c11d189420000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

its given

Store information at characteristic level in tasks lists with the help of catalogs

Can somebody throw some light on this, and how can this be done

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rahul,

The task list is associated to a Custom Task list class (Class Type 018, Deined using CL02) which has a characteristic tied to it(Defined using CT04).

The characteristic has been defined in such a way that value is validated against the catalog characteristic. This is defined in the "values" tab of the characteristic.Choose "Other value check" Push button on this screen and then choose the Catalog characteristic radio button. Here you can specify a specific plant and the set of catalog type 1(Characteristic attribute) or leave it generic(*), to be validated against during entry at the object level.

Regards

Narasimhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venugopal,

Thanks a lot for the reply and it was very useful

Here you can specify a specific plant and the set of catalog type 1(Characteristic attribute) or leave it generic(), to be validated against during entry at the object level.*

In this field "selected set" i cant keep it generic as it shows an error message "selected set* has not yet been created" Message no. QS311

Please advice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like it will have to be a specific plant and set.

Regards

Narasimhan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think this refers to the fact that you can assign catalog sets to characterisitics

I've done many years ago in PM/CS but I can't remember how... I'll have a look around to see if I can find any documentation.

PeteA