cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Variant Configuration in CRM 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to use Variant Configuration in CRM 7.0. I have created a configurable product and Knowledge Base Runtime version in ECC. Now I am not sure about the next steps. I know that i have to replicate these material usin SCE object but I believe we may require some settings for this replication.

If anyone of you have worked on this scenario, it would be great if you can guide me about the next steps for using Variant configuration in CRM.

Thanks in advance.

Sandeep R. Chavan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Do you have any documentation of variant configuration with CRM SAP???

Thanks in advice,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

This is in regards to your queyr on the web app name " web app name" in the url http://://admin/xcm/init.do.

The web app name is the CRM java system configured in your system landscape.

http://<hava host>:<port>/ipc/admin.xcm/init.do

Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

It really helped me a lot.

I have few basic questions, whether we have to maintina any settings on custom application created in XCm.

For example like JCO and other stuff.

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

Thanks for your information.

I would like to know about required steps regarding the same. If you have any document please send me ASAP.

Thanks

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi priya,

Did you get any document for the same. I would appriciate if you forward the same.

Thanks

Raju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Please create a custom application of crmordermaintain. This applications is used for order creation with standard ui as well as web ui.

Regards,

Sandeep.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I managed to solve this issue. It was to do with my browser version. My basis colleague checked this on the server itself and it was working absolutely fine on it. He checked the browser version on the server and it was IE 8. I upgraded my IE to v 8 and it worked on my machine as well.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create your own Application Customer confiruation in XCM component and the link for XCM looks like the below link http://<host>:<port>/<web app name>/admin/xcm/init.do.

Then go to the table COMM_IPC_PROP and maintaint the table entry with the Application Customer Configuration in XCM for Product and also for sales order if you are using the Sales order for the configurable products...

and also u need to maintain the IPC server setting in the table COMM_IPC_URL.

Please let me know if you need any thing else...

Regards

Vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I have already maintained the entries in XCM and also maintained entries in CRM>Basic Functions>Product Configuration. But when testing the product simulation in web ui I get the following error.

Appliance Error (internal_error)

An unrecoverable error was encountered: ""

This problem is unexpected. Please use the contact information below to obtain assistance.

For assistance, contact your network support team.

Thanks and Regards,

Sandeep R Chavan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try to reset the Virtual Machine Container.

Use this report to see whether the IPC and Java stack is active RSVMCRT_HEALTH_CHECK , if they are not active ask ur basis guy toactivate it

Regards

Vinod

Edited by: Vinod Reddy on Jan 20, 2010 2:34 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

what will be the application name of crm webui

because i want to use crm webui for my product configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have added the relevant events to the TBE31 table in ECC and have downloaded the material to CRM. I am able to see the KB runtime version under the configuration tab. I have also maintained the entries in customizing under CRM > Basic Functions > Product Configuration > Define URLs for parameters UI_CFG and UI_Analysis. But when I try to simulate the model I get below error.

=============================================================================

Service cannot be reached

What has happened?

URL http://caprmgcd.dyndns.org:8010/ipc/ipc/command.do! call was terminated because the corresponding service is not available.

Note

The termination occurred in system RCD with error code 404 and for the reason Not found.

The selected virtual host was 0 .

=============================================================================

I have to use Confiurable materials on CRM Web Client UI in quotations. Please advice on the next steps.

Regards,

Sandeep