cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when trying to connect Crystal Enterprise to Peoplesoft (tools 8.49)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have been using crystal enterprise with our peoplesoft for a while now, but with the tools version 8.43 on DB2 database. We are now upgrading our tools to version 8.49 on Oracle database.

We have tons of crystal reports developed on crystal enterprise on the tools version 8.43 on DB2 database, connecting to peoplesoft thru peoplesoft user authentication and accessing the peoplesoft queries.

We are now trying to point the crystal enterprise to peoplesoft on tools version 8.49 on Oracle database and are receiving the below error.

Is anyone familiar with this error and know how to fix it. Please help!

Thanks

Savina

Edited by: SChidella on Dec 22, 2009 6:01 PM

Sorry the screenshot didn't get copied for some reason. Here is the error message....

" Query Engine Error: 'An error occured in the crystal query server for peoplesoft while accessing a component interface. The interface may have encountered an application error within peoplesoft. "

Thanks

Savina

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need some additional information on this. Please see the question posted by Kevin Doherty on this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry for being late in response.

Writing Custom applications to set database location for a PeopleSoft data source Crystal Report document, should be the same as Crystal Reports documents based on other data sources. (PeopleSoft can be considered as one of the many supported data sources for Crystal Reports.)

You may want to check this out via the Crystal development forums:

.NET Development Forum

Java Development Forum

Here is the related document you may want to reference.

The .NET API reference document

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/cr2008V1/en/rassdk_net_apiRef_12_en.chm

Hope this help to clarify.

Best Regards

Carlos Chen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks so much for getting back to me on this question. It is very helpful, now at least we know that they have different ways of connecting.

Wanted to ask you if you can share any documentation on steps to establish the connection between Crystal Enterprise 10 and People Tools 8.49. Any information on this would be of great help!

Thanks so much Again!!

Savina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savina,

The support of Crystal Enterprise 10 suite has been ended for long. I'm surprised that our customer is still using this old version.

The information for "Integration for PeopleSoft" is available at http://help.sap.com/content/bobj/bobj/index.htm, starting version XI.

Hope this could help.

Best Regards

Carlos Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

Thanks so much for the information and sorry for not being able to get back to you. After receiving the response from you, we did a lot of research and are now installing BOE XI to connect to peoplesoft. It looks like it is going in the right direction.

Thanks so much again for all your help with this!!

Regards

Savina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Savina

In the PeopleSoft integration ktis, for different versions of PeopleSoft system, there are different interfaces used to access PeopleSoft systems.

PeopleSoft version 8.42 to 8.45 (aka PS8), and PeopleSoft version 8.46 - 8.49 and 8.50 (aka PSEnterprise) use different interfaces to access PeopleSoft systems, they have different authentication, they have different Crystal Reports data access drivers. Currently in the PeopleSoft IK, there is no migration tool provided for migrating between the two.

You'll need to use Crystal Reports 2008 Designer, and go from menu-Database-Set Database location

choose to create a PeopleSoft 8.49 connection and set location to the new PeopleSoft 8.49 connection.

Hope this help to clarify.

Best Regards

Carlos Chen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Carlos,

I had a follow-up question that I hope you can help with.

You outlined the manual process of pointing to a new datasource as follows.

You'll need to use Crystal Reports 2008 Designer, and go from menu-Database-Set Database location

choose to create a PeopleSoft 8.49 connection and set location to the new PeopleSoft 8.49 connection.

During this process, I am promped to map the report fields to the new source manually. The new datasources has the same field names.

I can perform the set datasource function programmatically through .NET code, but I I receive the following error " Invalid mapping type value".

I would like to know what triggers the map fields screen. Is there a way I can avoid this mapping interface, and how can I avoid it programmatically?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Kevin Doherty