cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work center

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello SAP Gurus,

while creating workcenter in basic data if you select standerd value key SAP1 you will get standerd values setup,machine & labour. now when we go to capacity tab we get there field setup formula,processing formula & teardown formula now my question is. Is this mean that setup=setup formula, machine=processing formula & labour=teardown formule please tell me whther i am wrong or right?

regards,

dev123.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Yes setup=setup formula, machine=processing formula right but labour not = teardown formule.

Capacity category 001 Machine

Setup formula SAP005 Prod: Setup rqmts

Processing formula SAP006 Prod.: Machine rqmts.

Then Create Another Capacity Category as 002 as labour (Header menu Edit--New entry)

Capacity category 002 Person

Setup formula SAP005 Prod: Setup rqmt

Processing formula SAP007 Prod.: Labor rqm

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello Bhramankar Sir,

thanks for reply but if we mentain both machine & labour categary in capacity view then what about schduling view does it consider both capacity catagarys. if i want to use setup, machine,& labour also then how can i do that means in schduling & also in costing view which farmulas i have to use?

regarda,

dev123.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Labour is simultaneously working on machine while operation is performing on work center. In standard SAP we can schedule only one category. As machine is critical category we use it for scheduling. If you include the labour and machine time in scheduling then your operation time will be double than the required.

Now coming toward the cost calculation as we define the second category as labour then system pick the formula for it and timing from routing and price from KP26 to calculate the Labour cost.

In costing view of work center you need to use the formula ,

SAP005 Prod: Setup rqmts

SAP006 Prod.: Machine rqmts

SAP007 Prod.: Labor

Thake a costing run you will get the all these cost. it will also appear in your production order.

Hope clear to you.

Also check this link,

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dev,

Regarding the Work center formulae, first of all, you have to create various parameters (viz. Setup, Machine, Labor, etc.) using OP17. Then, you need to customize the Standard Value Key formula in SPRO transaction: OP19.

Lastly, create the formula definition in OP21.

These will be picked up in your work center.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Kaushik.

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

These standard values are not the formula for setup formula.processing formula etc, these are the operations or activities which are to be performed on this particular work center and this work center can be used as an operation in routing.These Values defined in SVK like SAP1 are used as formula parameters to calculate the setup time procesisng time and labour time on the basis of the base Qty for the routing which are defined in OP55.and these formula are used in scheduling the routing and then costing.

I hope it is clear to you now

Regards

Anupam Sharma

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

In OP55- we have to define the formula for all the parametersi.e how the capacity will calculate, here we have to define the formula Ex: process time * operation quantity/ base quantity. in OP55 we have to tick for capacity requiremnt in Work center If the sameformula is used in Costing and scheduling , then we have to tick the concerned field in OP55.

Regards,

sundaresan