I am new to FI, what is the steps or the activites/process to be carried out during the month end as well as the year end activities for FI.
Can anyone explain me about it and does sap provide any standard documentation on year end / month end activities.
Year End Activities include
1. Open New Fiscal Year or Fiscal Year Change for Assets -->AJRW
2. Close the Asset Fiscal Year -->AJAB
3. Balance Carry Forward for General Ledger -->F.16/FAGLGCTR
4. Balance Carry Forward for Vendors/Customers -->F.07
5. Copy Number Ranges for Next Fiscal Year -->OBH2
Month/Period End Activities include
Open New Period in FI
Ensuring all the Parked Documents/Hold Documents to be Completed
Close period in CO & MM
Close Period in FI
Here you go:
1. Month-end closing in Financial Accounting
Update Exchange Rates
Gaps in Document Number Assignment
Invoice Numbers Allocated Twice
Open and Close Posting Periods
Enter Recurring Entries
Post Recurring Entries
Run Batch Input Session
Automatic Clearing of GR/ IR Account special process
Analyze GR/ IR Clearing Accounts
Automatic Clearing of GR/ IR Account
Post Adjustment Entries
Foreign Currency Revaluation
Post Tax Payable
Record of sales and Use Tax Report
Comparison Documents/ Transaction Figures
Close Previous Accounting Period
Balance Interest Calculation
Display Document Journal
2. Year-end closing in Financial Accounting
Create Factory Calendar for New Year
Carry Forward AP/ AR Balances
Carry Forward GL Balances
Re-grouping Receivables/ Payables
Balance Confirmation Receivable
Balance Confirmation Payable
Final Close and Release Financial Reporting
Close Previous Accounting Period
Display Document Journal.
Print 1099 MISC forms (Only for USA)
Hope this helps
Check the below link for more details Year end activities and month end activities.
Hope now clear.
Please find the details below
Month end closing Activities
1. All the expenses including amortization, prepaid expenses, Preliminary expenses and accruals have been booked.
2. Complete Bank Reconciliation (T. Code: FF67)
3. Make sure that Sum of Inter Company balances is Zero
4. Suspense Accounts should be cleared regularly.
5. Ensure that all documents related to MM & SD have been entered in system. (T.Code:F-22 & F-43) 6. Ensure that all billing documents are released to accounting.
7. Calculate Overheads on all process Orders (CO43)
8. Technically complete all process orders which are fully processed (CORM).
9. Calculate Variance (KKS1)à (Relevant only if Standard cost is calculated).
10. Settle all process orders which are technically complete (CO88).
11. Close All settled Process Orders
12. Close MM period (Transaction Code: MMPV).
13. Carry out GR/IR clearing (F.13) transaction
14. Depreciation Run (AFAB) has been carried out for the month
15. Close FI Posting period after the month end closing activity is over (T.Code:OB52) Year end
1. Calculate production work in progress on process orders which are not technically complete. (CO88).
2. Carry out Assessment cycle for Cost Centers (T. Code: KSUB)
3. All month end closing Activities should be carried out.
4. Carry Forward Balances to next year With TC: F.16 we can carry forward the balance to next year. With TC: OBH2 copy the number ranges to next year Open next year periods by selecting the Posting Period Variant. then test by posting the transaction in F-02)
SAP FI Month End and Year End Activities
1 - Maintain Activity prices - KP26
2 - Release of Standard Cost Estimate - CK40N
3 - MM period close and open - MMPV
4 - FI period open
5 - Parked documents to be posted - FBV0, MIRO
6 - Reposting of Inter Office CC - KB61
7 - Bank Reconciliation
8 - Update Section Code where missing - J1INPP
9 - Maintain GRIR clearing - F.13
10 - Provision for current month - FB50
11 - Depreciation entry - FB50
12 - Exchange rate - To be Updated
13 - Revaluation of foreign currency open items - F.05
14 - Recognition of Inventory at Bonded warehouse - FB50
15 - Maintain Statistical Key Figures - KB31N/KP46
16 - Variance Calculation of Process Orders - KKS1
17 - Settlement of variances - CO88
18 - Assessment cycles - Aux/WH CC to Main CC - KSU5
19 - Assessment cycles - Functional CC to SBU CC - KSU5
20 - Assessment cycles - SBU CC to COPA - KEU5
21 - Profit Center Reposting - 9KE0
22 - Balance Sheet Adjustment calculation - F.5D
23 - Transfer Profit Center to AR & AP - 1KEK
24 - Transfer Inventory to PCA - 1KEH
25 - Assessment Cycle - Dummy PC to SBU PC - 3KE5
26 - Check for u201CDelivery made, not Invoicedu201D - VF03
27 - Match GL and PCA - KE5T
28 - Match PCA and PA
29 - Top Down Distribution in COPA - KE28
30 - Reclassification of GL balances
31 - Balance Carry forward (Year End Only) - F.16
32 - PCA Balance Carry forward (Year End Only) - 2KES
33 - Transfer to FI - 1KE8