cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MRP - User exit key

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have coded in user exit: M61X0001 which do some checking for MD01 - MRP for Collective items and I want this checking also can be applied to MD03 - MRP for Single item. I would like to ask if it is possible to use "User exit key" in transaction: MD03 - MRP for single item?

Another question:

I would like to control the stock level by certain criteria. Let say, total planned stock from MRP for a material cannot exceed certain limit set by a company.

eg.

Material XYZ - Overall qty can be order for 3 plants below set by company = 5 pcs

If MRP run by plant individually, I will obtain the following result:

Plant A - MRP planned for 2 pcs

Plant B - MRP planned for 2 pcs

Plant C - MRP planned for 2 pcs

How to prevent only 5 pcs being order instead of 6 pcs?

Pls advise asap.

Thanks & regards,

Loi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

goto SMOD enter M61X0001 set the radio button to documentation and click display.

SAP will explain the pupose of this user exit is to include or exclude materials from a MRP run.

If you do MD03, which is MRP run for an individual material, then you do not need this exit, as you the user decide yourself for what material you want run MRP.

MRP data like max stock level are at plant level, you cannot have a max stock level at a level above plant level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

If I would like to apply same checking as in MD01 (restrict user to select material for MRP run) for Single Material entered through MD03, how? Any idea?

Thanks & regards,

Loi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gururs,

May I know what is the usage of "Scope of planning" in MD01?

Thanks & regards,

Loi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Scope of planning is a Key with which you can combine a group of plants or MRP areas.

The plants or MRP areas that are combine in a scope of planning are planned together in a total planning run.

This has the advantage that you no longer need to create a background job for each work individually.

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Lio,

Scope of Planning

1) Via Scope of planning we can Group together several MRP areas or Plants

2) we can define scope of planning in the customizing for MRP activity " define scope of

Planning for total planning ".

3) if scope of planning is defined, the planning run must always be started with parallel processing

Regards

Madhu Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I had defined "Scope of planning" in the Customizing for MRP activity "Define Scope of Planning for total planning".

But when I tried to run the scope of planning through MD01, the system prompt me with error message - "Please check the destinations for parallel MRP", pls advise for the solution.

If group together several plants (let say, plant 1010, 1011, 1020, 1030) under one MRP run (scope of planning = Z01), is that means I will only get one planning output that group under Z01? Pls advise.

Thanks & regards,

Loi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Loi,

Plz refer this link

[;

Regards

Madhu Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Please check whether the following configuration in your respective server.

spro-production-materials reqmt planning-define parallel processing in mrp where the server is defined.

2. Even though the scope of planning covers all plants, you can view the output, plant wise.

Regards,

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I manage to solve the error encountered. But I have another question, I want my output NOT to be in PLANT wise, can? How?

I have a requirement of generating MRP run for all the plants to try to cut down the stock requirement level. Define a limit to order for all the plants and ensure the order from all these plants cannot exceed the limit defined. How can it be done through MRP run?

Pls advise.

Thanks & regards,

Loi

Answers (0)