Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer

Former Member

Can anyone help me!

-

Connection to partner broken

Do you want to see the detailed error description?

=======================================

Connection to partner broken /partner not reached(host 192.100.10.1, service sapdp00)

Time

Component NI(network interface) / NI(network interface)

Release 640 / 640

Version 37 / 37

Module ninti.c / nixxi_r.cpp

Line 777 / 8588

Method NipRead(192.100.10.1/sapdp00, hdl 1) / NiPConnect2

Return Code -6 / -10

System Call recv / SiPeekPendConn

Error No 10054 / 10061

Error Text WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer / WSAECONNREFUSED: Connection refused

Counter 1 / 1

-

Thanks,

Praveen.

agata22
Discoverer
0 Kudos

I had the same error during after installation of SAP Netweaver trial version (all acc to SAP manual).

Where can be a problem? I spent many hours to solve it to strat practice SAP.

Regards,

Agata

0 Kudos

So we got this issue on our Windows 11 Enterprise AAD running SAP GUI 7.7

WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer.

Component NI (Network Interface)

Error No : 10054

Where do I search for Logs?

Is this due to bad Network Connectivity?

Running on DELL Latitude 9520 with WD19 Dock and both cable/Wi-Fi cause it do disconnect.

Any help appreaciated. 🙂

AlexGourdet
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Hello Mikkel,

We're glad to have you in the community looking for answers to your questions, but you posted a few question as an answer (which I converted to a comment) in a thread which is a few years old by an inactive thread (with former members) from 2010.

I want you to get the help you need, but you're unlikely to get any responses this way. Therefore, I'd like to offer some friendly advice:

* Try asking a new question instead at https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html.

* Familiarize yourself with https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as it provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

* Take our Q&A tutorial at https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, as that will also help you when preparing questions for the community.

* Complete your profile by following the steps at https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-profile.html, as a complete profile encourages readers to respond.

I hope you find this advice useful, and we're happy to have you as part of SAP Community!

All the Best,

-Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Reset the TTL-counter on the firewall, so that the firewall does not drop the connection. So one could try changing this parameter to 300 (5 minutes).This worked !! Then you should investigate why this change was necessary.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I' am getting the following error and this happens 5 mins after the JCO Server is started. Could not find any JCO Server property which can resolve this error? I have also tried running server by disabling the Sophos which was running in my computer(so that the firewall can be turned off) and also tried setting rdisp/keepalive to 280 but still the same issue.

Any insight would really help me.

Error log : –

ERROR connection to partner ‘<host ipaddress>:<port>’ broken
TIME Mon Nov 16 19:12:16 2020
RELEASE 721
COMPONENT NI (network interface)
VERSION 40
RC -6
MODULE nixxi.cpp
LINE 5088
DETAIL NiIRead: P=<host ipaddress>:<port>; L=<ipaddress>:<port>
SYSTEM CALL recv
ERRNO 10054
ERRNO TEXT WSAECONNRESET: Connection reset by peer
COUNTER 1

at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc.generateJCoException(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:625)
at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.MiddlewareJavaRfc$JavaRfcServer.listen(MiddlewareJavaRfc.java:2558)
at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.dispatch(DefaultServerWorker.java:274)
at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.loop(DefaultServerWorker.java:362)
at com.sap.conn.jco.rt.DefaultServerWorker.run(DefaultServerWorker.java:231)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: RfcException:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

we did all the stuff mentioned above. Finally a network analysis showed us, that one of our providers set the MTU to 1200 instead of the standard of 1500. This interferes very badly with SAP-GUI. So check this parameter with your providers, if all the steps above do not help.

Best,

Tammo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connection Reset by Peer (WSACONNRESET or error number 10053)

I agree, had this error serveral times on some customer systems. It´s because some network errors (Connection reset). You have to find where the Network error happens for example in the Network of customer, Network Errors in the way between (Providers) or at your local data center.
As Basis admin it´s almost unpossible to find the root cause, please ask your responsible Network Support contact.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Windows Connection Reset by Peer (WSACONNRESET or error number 10053) indicates that the connection to a communication partner was broken for UNKOWN reasons.

Possible reasons are:

• communication partner program did crash or was manually aborted
  • computer where the communication partner was running on was shutdown
  • network connection lost (cable unplugged, switch down, WLAN device shutdown)
  • in very rare cases operating system problems
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is exactly same as described in http://scn.sap.com/thread/1769381

Regards,

Manish

dieter_braitsch
Explorer

Update: I previously wrote:

If you can't tweak your firewall, you could play around with the profile parameter rdisp/keepalive, which has a standard of 1200 (20 minutes). When this value is reached, the application server sends a ni_ping to the front-end, which should answer with a ni_pong. This traffic should reset the TTL-counter on the firewall, so that the firewall does not drop the connection. So one could try changing this parameter to 300 (5 minutes). I haven't tested this, but it should work.

I now set rdisp/keepalive on all my Systems (50+) to 280, and my connections are now stable. If you have got the described symptoms, try this work around. Please note: You have to REDUCE the value, not increase it.

Regards, Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution

If the dispatcher crashes, it means that the entire instance terminates. In this case, put the message under the component BC-CST-DP for further analysis.

Network problems must (and can only) be analyzed and solved by the customer's network department.

• You can use the SAP tool niping to examine general network problems.

Start the following tests between the affected client and server:

Note 500235, Test 3b (firewall idle timeout)
      Note 155147, 3. (Black Hole Router)
    • The trace of the affected dispatcher (dev_disp) and the error trace of the SAP GUI (errorlog.gui) can be used as sources of information.

For more details, reproduce the error and perform the following steps:

Increase the trace level of the dispatcher to 2 before the user logs on.

When the error occurs, confirm that you want to see a detailed error message.

Reduce the trace level of the dispatcher to <nn> minutes, where: <nn> = 2 * rdisp/keepalive
    • In the last instance, you create a network trace on the client and the server (for example, using Wireshark, tcpdump) to find the cause of the error.

See also the notes listed under 'Related notes'.

If you require help analyzing the trace, send the following information to SAP Support:

• dev_disp
  • errorlog.gui
  • created network traces of client and server
  • User name
  • IP address of the user
  • Time when you reproduced the error
marcel_janssen
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm dealing with some kind the same error.

When logging on to my customer from my own office using VPN I have connection.

When doing the same from home,  I get the SAP Logon -screen, and entering the user id and password, after about 30 seconds, I get the message "Connection Reset by peer with same error number (10054).

I suspect therefore the problem is in my router (FritzBox  7390) , but I have no clue how to investigate this.

Thx for feedback

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have same issue and so far there is no clue how to resolve this issue, the rdisp/keepalive is already set to 3600.

Can you please provide suggestions and any of the solutions that had worked in your case?

Regards,

Manish

dieter_braitsch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Manish

I now set rdisp/keepalive on all my Systems (50+) to 280, and my connections are now stable. If you have got the described symptoms, try this work around. Please note: You have to REDUCE the value, not increase it.

Regards, Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Connection to partner broken

Above error occurs if any network disturbance exists.

Are you able to login again?

Thanks & Regards,

Nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys ! same problem with me. I'm using SAP GUI 710. Every 5-7 minutes, i have to re-log in to SAP server. Is there any one have any permanent solution. I'm really tired to do so... I couldn't continue my work due to this error message.

Looking forward for reply ...

Thanks & Regards,

Hardik Prajapati

dieter_braitsch
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Hardik

I had the same problem recently. It cropped up about two months ago, everything had been running fine previously. Here our symptoms:

We are connecting to our Demo-Systems from the Internet via a Saprouter. Between the Internet and our Saprouter we have a firewall (Fortinet Fortigate). After about 10 Minutes of inactivity, the sapgui loses the connection, we got a WSAECONNRESET error. After some testing with niping.exe, rebooting, playing around with profile parameters, saprouter-Update etc. I found out that it must have something to do with the firewall settings.

In our Fortigate firewall I had to set the TTL (Time to live or Timeout) for Port 3299 to 3600 seconds. That solved our problem. Now the firewall closes the connection after an inactivity time of 3600 seconds (= 1 hour), which is suitable for us.

If you can't tweek your firewall, you could play around with the profile parameter rdisp/keepalive, which has a standard of 1200 (20 minutes). When this value is reached, the application server sends a ni_ping to the front-end, which should answer with a ni_pong. This traffic should reset the TTL-counter on the firewall, so that the firewall does not drop the connection. So one could try changing this parameter to 300 (5 minutes). I haven't tested this, but it should work.

I hope my input helps!

Kind regards,

Dieter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dieter,

Thanks for the solution.

I faced the same problem while I was trying to connect to SAP RAC systems with Internet SAPROUTER.

As I was just testing internally, I tried turning OFF the Firewal l(which is not recommended) and make it work.

It worked. Maybe I will have to try increasing the time out as you suggested.

-Naga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, l want to update the subject. l faced with this problem for a few days. l read about the solution with firewall and l checked my system. l use win7 and l stopped the windows firewall. My problem is over.

Burak,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tutika,

Check whether you have correct entry on your SAP Logon PAD.

Check whether you have Port 3200,3300,3600 opened for your Server IP or not, i.e..

telnet (Server ip) Port number.........

Check whether you have any network break b/w desktop and server.

Cheers

Deepanshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Deepanshu,

1.) I don't know how to check that I have any network break b/w desktop and server.

Please explain step to step.

also explain step to step about : how to check

2.) whether i have Port 3200,3300,3600 opened for your Server IP or not, i.e..

telnet (Server ip) Port number.........