cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EIC in ERP vs. EIC in CRM - processes and forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

if I need to integrate EIC with HR processes and forms (have EIC agents fill in processes and forms) do I need to install EIC in ERP?

what limitations are there for using EIC in CRM from a HCM processes and forms perspective?

Tiberiu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

regarding first question - did you read this? - http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/7c/91f82d0b0f4fbbb0f62a5cf395ab8b/frameset.htm

Regads

Radek

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Radek for replying. yes, I am familiar with his BP for EIC. this BP assumes an EIC-in-ERP implementation.

I was able to find out that SAP recommends an EIC-in-ERP implementation if one needs tight integration with HCM processes and forms, so EIC-in-CRM won't provide this capability.

Tiberiu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

please read also these blogs:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs;jsessionid=(J2EE3414800)ID0736938450DB00227965883806718005End...

/people/jarret.pazahanick/blog/2009/05/20/employee-interaction-center-eic-deployment-options

You are right saying in ERP you will have better HCM processes and forms integration.

But I have seen EIC implementation in CRM where many HR transactions where launched from CRM from transaction launcher.

And agents where mainaing HR data in this way.

So it depends on needs as usual

CRM gives more different functionalities - erms, interactive scripting, campaigns (internal).

Regards

Radek

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The full intergration with HCM Processes and Forms is currently only available in the ERP version of the Employee Interaction (EHP2). It is my understand that there are plans to eventually integrate that functionality with CRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I heard that SAP were going to only support EIC via CRM going forward....Is this true?

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Calvin

That is a not true statement as I have spoken with the HCM product management and SAP has no plans to discontinue the support of ERP EIC though they will not be making any future enhancements. That said given all the new enhancements and additions over the past few years (EHP1, EHP2 and EHP4) the product is fully developed and a great fit for SAP HCM customers looking for only a HR shared service solution.

It is important to note that there are two deployment options of the employee interaction center and the CRM version of EIC also is robust with functionality. Renee Wilhelm has written a good article called Choosing A Deployment Option for Employee Interaction Center (/people/renee.wilhelm/blog/2009/07/01/choosing-a-deployment-option-for-employee-interaction-center) which I would encourage you to review.

We recommend that customers not sure which version of EIC to deploy should work with their consulting partners and get a detailed webinar/presentation and a live demo that showcases the functionality of both the CRM and ERP versions so they can make an informed decision. The unfortanate thing is that because EIC is somewhat of a new product there are only a handfull of individuals worldwide that have experience on both products.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Jarret Pazahanick

EIC Experts

www.eicexperts.com

Leduckduck
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Jarret

Would the answer to that question be the same today - when having to choose between EIC ERP version or the CRM solution

Pazahanick_Jarr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes and even more so as SAP hasn't formally announced but they are only doing minor enhancements for the Shared Service Framework HR and have started development on HR Help (based on Service OnDemand) that will be available for Employee Central but if I were to guess longer term also SAP HCM customers.

At this point it is a no brainer for customer looking at a HR Only Shared Service Center to use ERP EIC

Answers (0)